Manager, PAS Mobility
Reference ID: QUB0003G
Managing global workforces is increasingly complex. Our People Advisory Services (PAS) practice provides high-quality compliance and advisory solutions to help our clients drive organization success through human capital.
We currently have an excellent career opportunity for an experienced Manager candidates in our Toronto office. This position offers excellent opportunities to learn and tremendous career potential. Our practice is one of the world's largest and has talented and innovative professionals dedicated to teamwork and exceptional client service. PAS encompasses Mobility, Global Employment Tax Services, Total Rewards, HR Performance Improvement and Immigration services. Mobility services include Canadian and US personal income and social security tax compliance and advisory services; mobility policy design; executive compensation advice; employer tax advice; and global coordination. You'll be part of a team with a wide variety of experiences and a supportive environment.
Your key responsibilities
• Interface with clients and colleagues, located throughout the world, by phone and in person
• Analyze client tax data to determine appropriate and optimal Canadian and US filing positions, and to provide tax planning advice to clients
• Review US and Canadian personal income tax returns
• Manage the financials of client accounts by developing budgets, determining resource requirements, timely invoicing and appropriate revenue recognition.
• Provide guidance to more junior colleagues on both tax technical and performance management skills
• Contribute to a flexible, stable, and team-oriented working culture that fosters personal development and a positive attitude
• Tax technical research to support both compliance and advisory deliverables
• Leverage technology to maximize productivity
Skills and attributes for success
• Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving ability
• A commitment to learning in a tax technical environment
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
To qualify for the role you must have
• Bachelor's degree in a related field and a minimum of three- five years of US and/or Canadian personal income tax experience
• Knowledge of current automated tax processing systems and tax laws in an area of technical specialization
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, particularly Excel
Ideally, you'll also have
• Commitment to learning in a tax technology environment.
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you'll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Posted: January 12, 2019
Closes: March 13, 2019