At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
KPMG's Operations Advisory Practice helps organizations to develop efficient and effective operations to support strategic business objectives. We support our clients in identifying, quantifying, prioritizing and delivering the changes required to align their operating models to their financial targets and strategic objectives. This approach helps deliver timely improvements in performance and visibility, and control for long-term operating impact.
We start with the big picture, before narrowing it to reflect our clients' most pressing concerns, focusing on continuously streamlining operations to unlock value, delivering bottom-line improvements and enhancing quality and service levels.
Our Operations Advisory practice are seeking a Manager to strengthen our Financial Services offering in the Montreal office. We are looking for talented professionals like you, with a proven record for motivating teams and delivering exceptional, meaningful client service. What you will do
As a Manager in our Operations Advisory practice, you will use your strong business acumen and be a key member of a high performing team. You'll be learning from some of the best in the financial services industry and growing your personal skillset by :
- Growing your coaching and feedback skills through providing day-to-day guidance and mentoring to your team and supporting our Open Feedback culture.
- Supporting timely engagement management and ensuring on-time, at-budget high quality delivery of client deliverables.
- Providing expertise and knowledge for full spectrum of client-related business activities and projects, while taking accountability for leading client engagements .
- Supporting client pursuits and proposal development with support from Senior Leadership, and working with KPMG leaders to develop thought leadership, white papers and other intellectual assets.
- Growing your reputation as a trusted advisor and as a champion within your area of personal expertise.
What you bring to the role
- Leveraging your strong understanding of operations, finance, and compliance/risk.
- Developing trusted client relationships with client project managers and managing engagement teams of up to 3-5 practitioners. You will facilitate client workshops and conduct interviews with client personnel as well as maintain our very high quality standards, meeting and exceeding client expectations.
Keys to your success:
- 5-10 years of work experience in a comparable capacity in financial services consulting or industry (banking, insurance, wealth and asset management etc)
- University degree in business, management, operations or MBA or equivalent from an accredited university.
- Comfortable working at both the conceptual and the hands-on level with big picture thinking and growth-oriented leadership skills.
- Passionate in supporting proposals in addition to your project work.
- A deep understanding of the interrelationships between people/organization, business processes and enabling technologies as contributors to business effectiveness.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in working with large datasets, able to draw insights from data, and have a data driven mindset.
- Experience with financial analysis, data modelling, or other comparable quantitative experience.
- Project execution skills including leading day-to-day execution, team management in mid-level client engagements, managing project schedule, risks and timelines,
- Strong at cultivating relationships at mid-levels - Managers, Senior Managers and Directors.
- You understand that at times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need extra time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here . Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.