At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world. The opportunity
We are currently looking for a Manager specialized in operational risk management to join our financial risk management team in the Montreal office. The candidate will provide consulting services in non-financial risk management, particularly operational risk, and will participate in various projects with financial institutions (Banking & Insurance). What you will do
You will work closely with the risk management team on major projects and contribute to business development. The incumbent will :
What you bring to the role
- Participate in and manage various types of mandates involving non-financial risks (operational risks, business continuity, third-party risks, etc.).
- Be involved throughout the mandate management process (prospecting, tendering, execution, implementation, monitoring, etc.).
- Support customers in transformation and operational risk enhancement projects.
- Contribute to business development in the market. Make presentations to potential customers and participate in conferences.
- Contribute to the preparation of service offers to meet customers' business needs.
- Contribute to the coaching, performance management and training of resources.
Keys to your success
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in risk management.
- Bachelor's degree or post-graduate diploma in Finance, Management, or a field related to risk management
- Professional certification in risk management an asset
- Good knowledge of regulatory requirements and best practices in operational risk (Basel Accords, AMF, etc.).
- In-depth knowledge of operational risk management framework implementation (governance, risk identification and assessment, controls, indicators, etc.).
- Knowledge or experience in implementing the three lines of defense model.
- Customer focus to understand issues and propose value-added solutions.
- Initiative, autonomy and leadership.
- Strong analytical skills, rigor and ability to synthesize.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office software.
- Computer skills, dashboards, data analysis and programming an asset.
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page .
Management and Executive