You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 146 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity:
KPMG's financial crimes professionals help clients understand how money launderers and the financiers of terrorism could be exploiting vulnerabilities in their organizations.
We work with clients to identify, manage and mitigate their (KYC/AML/CFT/S) risk exposures in line with legislative requirements and industry best practices.
We are recognized for managing projects in Demarketing and remediation by our High-Risk customers.
Our Montreal office is currently looking for a Manager to join its team. What you will do
By joining our Financial crimes unit as a Manager, you will provide direction and leadership for critical aspects of the managed services team including:
What you bring to the role
- Lead a team of Senior Consultants in projects on KYC/AML/CFT/S while providing them guidance and support.
- Coordinate the investigation and ensure the completion of periodic, quarterly and/or annual AML/KYC reviews, which involved transaction analysis, negative news screening (World-Check, Lexis Nexis and other searching engines)
- Conduct Quality Assurance on transaction reviews while ensuring compliance with the regulators.
- Managed the customer relationship: Interact regularly with clients to strengthen the relationship, report statistics, lead weekly and monthly meetings.
- Collaborate with senior management to contribute to the evolution and growth of KPMG's AML Managed Services by identifying new opportunities to provide value-added services.
- Regularly review operational processes to identity potential enhancements and to assess and mitigate risk
- Constantly monitor productivity and performance of the managed services and oversee the creation and the delivery of relevant reports and metrics to measure quality and performance against Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Coach junior members of the team to foster their professional development and motivation.
- Stay up to date of changes in regulations and best practices through independent study, attendance at
- industry conferences, and development of relationships with other professionals in the industry.
- Supports the Financial Crimes KPMG team by assisting practice development opportunities.
Keys to your success:
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- A Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business or any related field
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), Certified Financial Crime Specialist (CFCS) or other recognized AML/Financial Crimes certifications
- Deep knowledge of AML/TF laws, regulations and best practices
- Strong understanding of screening tools such as: World-check, Lexis Nexis and others.
- Experience managing alerts and navigating Transaction Monitoring programs such as: Actimize, Oracle, etc.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Data Analytics Tools)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both French and English;
- Knowledge of the financial services sector (understanding of the different products/services/channels)
- A solid expertise managing risk and experience in handling High Risk profile cases
- Experience managing demarketing and/or remediation projects
- Strong record of achieving high targets while ensuring high quality
- Attitude and drive to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- A proven ability to lead, coach and mentor an operational team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- An ability to
- Demonstrated attention to details;
- Strong work ethic;
- High level of drive.
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance