You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity
We are currently seeking an Information Technology (IT) Audit Manager to join our Montreal office. The successful candidate will focus on Information Technology Audit pertaining to public (PCAOB, CPAB) and private clients. The IT Audit Manager will assist with the identification and assessment of IT risks within the context of our audit objectives and client's business risks, together with evaluation, recommendation and implementation of solutions to address those risks, recognizing to close inter-relationship between people, processes and technology.What you will do
- Review of information security controls and practices within public and private client environments.
- Lead other audit engagements related to information systems and outsourced service providers.
- Review of new and existing systems in terms of adequacy of controls, security, operational considerations, conversion issues and project management assessment.
- Engagement risk management quality assurance through file review, engagement planning, development and monitoring, engagement profitability - Simultaneously deliver multiple client engagements of varying size, scope and complexity.
- Manages multiple engagements concurrently - recognized by client as knowledgeable / experienced, establishes engagement objectives / standards, assigns work to right skill level / develops team skills.
- Service Delivery conducting research, writing reports, conducting interviews and focus groups, communicating regularly with clients and resources.
- Practice development of competence and expertise in key service areas, refining methodologies, contributing to national practice development efforts.
- Supervision of junior staff on assignments and provided regular performance feedback, coaching and mentoring.
- Business development taking an active role in the business community to increase awareness of the firm's services and level of commitment to the local market, developing and maturing relationships with internal staff and clients, developing proposals, identifying and pursuing opportunities to increase the practice's penetration in the public and private sector.
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need extra time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this. What you bring to the role
Keys to Your Success
- Minimum of five years of experience with a public accounting firm or an advisory services firm conducting information technology audits.
- At least 5 years of IT audit experience.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or Business/Commerce required, ideally with a major in Accounting or Finance
- Accounting designation or equivalent is a preference; other desirable designations include CISA, CIA, PMP, CISSP.
- Experience with SAP, Oracle Financials, and PeopleSoft ERP experience, and Cloud Oracle experience is as an asset.
- Strong current knowledge in internal auditing standards and practices.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in French and English.
- Able to lead cross functional teams comprised of diverse backgrounds and skill sets.
- Good to excellent skills with general office productivity software.
- Strong understanding of business risks and audit risks.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute Risk and Compliance type engagements that has budget restrictions and deadlines.
- Ability to travel, mainly in Canada
- Being driven to continuously learn from experiences and seek out feedback and development opportunities.
- Maintaining regular communication with the management team including Managers, Senior Managers and Partners, as well as clients.
- Proven ability to sustain a high level of drive enthusiasm, and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work.
- Bringing intelligence and dedication to meet demands at key times of pressure to execute final deliverables to the client. Resilient in the face of challenges or obstacles
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. KPMG encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process
, please contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3. KPMG will consult with all applicants with disabilities who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicant's individual accessibility needs.
Banking, Finance and Insurance