At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Our Indirect Tax team offers a full range of services on the Goods and Services Tax (GST), HST, QST, provincial sales tax (PST), fuel taxes levied by the provincial and federal governments in Canada. We help our clients ensure that they are meeting their obligations in all relevant jurisdictions and that they are making the most of any refund opportunities.
As an Indirect Tax Specialist, you will work closely with KPMG personnel and clients on Indirect Tax matters. The ideal candidate enjoys working with data, problem solving and providing timely value-add responses to clients. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Assist in review engagements in the context of recovery mandates.
- Work with advanced information technology for electronic data query and analysis.
- Analyze various client transactions, using computer generated exception reports, to identify potential tax recoveries.
- Responsible for the compilation of client recovery schedules.
- Perform in-depth data analysis to identify recovery opportunities and compliance issues for clients.
- Provide support to team members in related tasks.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and teamwork skills, with the ability to manage conflicting demands and priorities and to multitask.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work with multiple requests and tight deadlines.
- Strong project management, organization, and time-management skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and within a virtual team.
- Bachelors completed in accounting or finance.
- Professional CPA designation is an asset
- Relevant experience in the field of accounting or tax services, including participation in audit mandates.
- Basic knowledge of the rules regarding the administration and application of the Canadian GST/HST, QST and PST. Advanced knowledge is an asset.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Excel, MS Access and the entire MS Office suite.
- Intermediate knowledge of data transformation and analytics tools such as IDEA, ACL or Alteryx is an asset.
- Familiarity with popular business solutions, including accounting and financial management modules is an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaboration with clients.
- Excellent client service skills with the ability to understand the client's business.
- Dedication and motivation to achieve high standards of client service and professionalism.
- Dedication and strong work effort, strong team player.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French to collaborate and exchange with key stakeholders both internally and externally
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here . Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page .