Permanent Primary Location:
Montreal, Quebec, Canada All Available Locations:
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it Want to deepen your knowledge through expert mentoring and on-the-job coaching? Want to work in a stimulating and highly dynamic environment with like-minded people who are known in the field of tax? Then this position is for you! What will your typical day look like?
About the team
- Act as a consultant on the application of the GST, QST and provincial sales taxes;
- Develop tax plans that minimize the consequences of commodity taxes on a variety of transactions;
- Examine tax provisions and prepare opinions and other tax documents;
- Review tax assessments and negotiate with tax authorities;
- Prepare voluntary disclosures for the tax authorities;
- Conduct research and analyses;
- Identify and define new opportunities for additional tax services;
- Structure and execute engagements while acting as a trusted business advisor ;
- Act as a mentor and coach to beginner tax professionals, helping them to reach their full potential.
Our team works directly with clients to deploy strategies for managing indirect taxes, in particular:
- Planning indirect taxes for companies doing business in Canada and abroad;
- Preparing training and assistance to ensure compliance;
- Reviewing indirect tax consequences on acquisitions or sales of a business and reorganizations, including diligence reviews;
- Preparing interpretation requests or voluntary disclosures for the tax authorities;
- Providing assistance during audits, including additional representations and preparing notices of objection;
- Programming tax rules in our clients' accounting systems.
Our team also provides advice on U.S. and European sales taxes . Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone who has:
- an undergraduate degree with outstanding academic credentials ;
- at least 4 years of relevant work experience in indirect taxes ;
- an analytical mind and who is good at systematically solving problems ;
- proven skills in delivering the full cycle of project management accountabilities;
- experience with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership ;
- superior verbal and written communication skills (French and English) .
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Manufacturing and Production