Requisition ID: 160605
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Leads and oversees Commercial Banking Mid-Market, Specialized and National Accounts in Canada, ensuring
business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal
policies and procedures.
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen customer relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Provides excellent customer service by taking responsibility for escalated customer and partner inquiries, concerns, or complaints and resolving matters promptly and accurately. Demonstrates professionalism and commitment to achieving the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Manages the activities of document preparation and certification activities for the Business Service Centre's Commercial portfolios and attest to the validity of all related documentation by:
- Providing management oversight on the preparation and execution of intricate security and Business Banking documents to meet the requirements stipulated by the Bank's policies and procedures to support the fulfillment of new and the ongoing maintenance, amendment and service activities of existing accounts, products & services, and lending products & services (including instructions to lawyers, appraisers, and other contacts as applicable).
- Managing end-to-end processes, including the takeover accountabilities to ensure proper review of audit controls.
- Liaising with designated Branch, BSC employees, other Business Banking Partners and Solicitors, as required, including escalating exception items for resolution.
- Applies judgement to identify, troubleshoot and resolve day-to-day business, functional and operational issues
- Active participation in end to end daily huddles to help resolve issues and raise concerns where partners cooperation is required to ensure an exceptional customer experience, and drive deals and business.
- Manages employees and provides the Bank's Performance Management processes by:
- Coaching employees to achieve goals and objectives focusing on functional and behavioral skills, and to ensure the established Operating Performance Commitments (OPC) are met to create positive fulfilment experiences for our customers and Banking partners.
- Coaching team(s) to execute against cascaded operational objectives
- Being accountability for recruiting, performance management and talent development activities
- Cascading organizational objectives and leading others to deliver business and operating results
- Supporting team in implementation of various projects (including pilots and test and learn).
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Builds a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
We'd like to work with you if you have:
- Fluency in French
- Post-Secondary Education (Business Degree preferred) and/or 3 years equivalent work experience in the Financial Services or related industry.
- Minimum of 2 years managerial experience
- Thorough knowledge of Commercial Banking, products & services, and lending services
- Thorough knowledge of business credits (including syndications) as it applies to Commercial Banking's policies & procedures, business accounts, products & services, and collateral documentation.
- Working knowledge of the Bank's compliance requirements for business banking.
- Electronic Business Banking Services and Loan/funding setup and implementation experience
- Strong communication (written & verbal), organizational, and decision making skills
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Gatineau || Canada : Quebec : Quebec
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Compliance, Performance Management, Risk Management, Market Manager, Investment Banking, Legal, Finance, Human Resources, Sales
Banking, Finance and Insurance Management and Executive