Our Forensic team is growing. We're looking for Managers with at least three years of forensic or related experience (accounting, audit, finance, investigation, damages quantification, insurance claim, business valuation) to join the team in our Montreal, Brossard, and Quebec City offices.
You'll be part of a team carrying out forensic engagements, including, in particular, litigation assistance, business valuation, forensic investigations, fraud and misappropriation risk prevention management, and background research.
Our highly specialized and experienced group will give you a unique opportunity for exposure to a wide range of interesting and challenging situations and to develop or hone your forensic expertise surrounded by a high‑growth team. KPMG is committed to your professional development. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Lead and contribute to the completion of forensic engagements
- Review or produce financial reports as an independent expert.
- Plan and oversee report drafting in connection with engagements.
- Analyze complex financial data, review documents, conduct in‑depth research on various sources of information and conduct forensic engagements such as contractual disputes, asset misappropriation and conflicts of interest.
- Write deliverables that can be used for internal purposes, for the court, for regulatory organizations or for insurance companies.
- Act as a recognized resource for all complex issues related to your area of expertise.
- Manage complex or large‑scale engagements and projects within budgets and timelines.
- Ensure the quality of reports and deliverables, while upholding the firm's quality standards.
- Advise clients on complex business issues.
- Implement investigative plans for sensitive litigation cases and objectively analyze complex financial issues.
- Adeptly integrate a range of expertise to meet client needs.
- Oversee and coordinate work of a team as required and as circumstances require.
- Maintain sustained, stable and long-lasting relationships with clients and serve as a business partner.
- Seek out engagement opportunities and play an active role in the firm's business development.
Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Minimum of five years experience in a related field (accounting, audit, finance), including two in forensic
- CPA designation (an asset)
- Forensic specialization with a complementary professional designation such as CBV, CFA, CFE or CFF (an asset)
- Advanced level in financial modelling (an asset)
- Experience working in a fast-paced project environment with tight deadlines and variable work hours
- Excellent research and analytical skills with the ability to identify and define issues in a clear and articulate manner and develop creative solutions to meet client needs.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in English and French, including the ability to develop and deliver presentations, conduct interviews and facilitate workshops for clients.
- Strong writing skills, including the ability to develop detailed technical reports and summaries.
- Excellent ability to manage resources and engagements in a positive manner while collaborating with the partners involved and providing timely and relevant feedback to resources.
- Excellent relationship building and management skills with the ability to interact and build credibility and trust with a wide range of professionals at all levels.
- Strong knowledge of the MS Office suite and other relevant software.
- Enjoy teamwork and be willing to carry out engagements in other Advisory Services practices, as needed.
- Be mobile
- Work remotely is possible for this position
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office in the course of their duties.
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.