We help companies grow and enhance shareholder value by providing strategic advice on major transactions. As one of the world's leading transaction advisers, we provide an integrated portfolio of investment banking and advisory services, including mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, transaction support, capital market transactions, restructuring services, valuations and fairness opinions. Acting independently of financing sources, we are able to provide clients with pure, objective advice, focusing on strategies that can help meet corporate objectives. KPMG Professionals Are...
Individuals who take deep personal accountability for their work, have a passion for excellence, driven to achieve their full potential and understand the value of building relationships with clients, future clients, their communities, the global firm and each other. A KPMG professional should have all the following characteristics:
What you will do
- Strong work ethic
- Thrive on challenges
- Dedicated to providing outstanding client service
KPMG is experiencing significant growth in demand to support our clients in all areas of our function. We are currently searching for a Consultant/Senior Consultant, Financial Modelling & Business Valuation
. This being a hybrid position, the Consultant/Senior Consultant will support both KPMG's growing financial modelling practice and business valuation group.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Working in teams to develop and review complex financial models for the purpose of strategic business planning, mergers & acquisitions, investment decisions, capital allocation decisions, debt analysis, and tax planning.
- Identify issues and propose strategies to client's management related to business planning and forecasting
- Working in teams to conduct market and industry research, detailed financial analysis on historical results as well as on financial projections of targeted companies.
- Participating in discussions and team meetings with targeted organizations' management team.
- Researching and analyzing organizations comparable to the targeted company and to its industry in order to determine risks associated to monetary flow of the targeted company.
- Conducting research and benchmarking analysis as well as compiling data on similar companies.
- Participating in the writing of detailed reports.
- Developing relationships with current and prospective clients.
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need extra time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this. What you bring to the role
Keys to your success
- Bachelor's degree in commerce with a major either in finance or accounting
- 0 to 5 years of related work experience
- A Master in finance (M.Sc.) or an MBA is considered an asset.
- A CFA title (completed or in progress) and/or a CBV title (completed or in progress) will be considered major assets.
- Strong modelling skills with an excellent knowledge of Excel are required.
- Prior working experience in a financial modelling role is an asset (investment banking, corporate development, equity research, corporate FP&A, consulting).
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- Experience in one or more of the following is an asset: Tableau, PowerBi, MS Access, SQL, VBA, Python.
Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
- Ability to learn and succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills and capacity to manage priorities
- Good critical, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Ability to manage own learning and contribute to knowledge building
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in french
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page .