EY's people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax, transactions and advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
In Canada, our Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team consists of dedicated accounting advisory professionals in five locations across the country. We combine technical accounting skills in IFRS, Canadian and US GAAP, practical experience in financial reporting as well as deep sector and regulatory knowledge. We have access to a global network of professionals with wide-ranging financial accounting standards knowledge.
We help finance leaders address the strategic accounting challenges and ongoing changes facing their business, and manage the resulting repercussions on the accounting and finance function. We help them achieve their potential in acquisitions, divestitures, optimization/restructuring or accounting standards convergence.
We currently are seeking qualified candidates for an excellent career opportunity in our FAAS group. Responsibilities
• Plan, manage and participate in various engagements (researching application of accounting standards, review financial and governance processes, accounting framework transition, comparison of different company practices, develop and provide tailored training, and others) • Prepare deliverables tailored to client needs
• Supervise small engagement teams and review work performed
• Establish and maintain relationship with client management
• Understand the client's industry sector and recognize key performance drivers, business trends, and new technical and industry developments
• Stay informed of new economic developments and their impact on clients
• Continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery
• Attend training programs to continually develop skills
• Maintain cooperative relationships and foster mutual support with other EY service line teams
• Prepare proposals and realize business development plans through a strong professional network
To qualify, candidates must have:
• A degree in accounting and/or other appropriate academic major and a minimum of 4 years' relevant experience • CPA or CA designation • Audit or business experience in financial statement close or the application of accounting standards • Excellent project management skills • Advanced written and verbal communication skills • Impeccable client relationship skills • A dedication to teamwork and leadership • Highly adaptable and open to change • Integrity within a professional environment • Bilingual (English/French) EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.