You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 145 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The Opportunity:
Our ESG Services practice in Montreal is recruiting a motivated and high performing Manager to lead the delivery of sustainability and sustainable finance services to our financial services, insurance, asset owner, asset manager and corporate clients across a range of industries.
Our teams of professionals help our corporate and institutional investor clients to develop resilient businesses that effectively manage ESG risks and opportunities. As a Manager you will lead KPMG's ESG Services teams to support our clients on their sustainability journeys. This includes supporting them in developing their ESG strategies and approaches, the integration of ESG in decision making and investment decisions, amongst others. You will also help to further our business development, including service development and thought leadership. Clients will look to you to add value to their business through insights on their management of emerging sustainability challenges and their reporting and disclosure practices. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Assist clients in the development and implementation of their strategic ESG and sustainable finance initiatives
- Manage advisory teams in the delivery of ESG and sustainable finance engagements
- Conduct ESG due diligence across various types of deals
- Support clients with the integration of ESG considerations across the investment lifecycle
- Support clients with the integration of ESG in lending decisions (credit risk ratings) and underwriting.
- Support clients in their net zero commitments (I.e. Paris-aligned portfolios) and being able to navigate asset allocation implications.
- Support client relationships and practice development initiatives
- Actively mentor and coach team members to their highest potential
- Exhibit leadership and contribute to the professional development of our team by fostering an 'always learning and sharing' culture
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop skills
- Minimum of five years professional experience in a supervisory capacity in sustainability or similar field at a reputable organization
- Deep understanding of the ESG and sustainable finance landscape
- Strong familiarity with key ESG concepts and frameworks
- Ability to work in a fast-paced professional environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work on multiple or complex projects simultaneously
- Excellent client service skills with an aptitude to understand the clients' business and maintain strong client relationships
- Dedication and motivation to achieve high standards of client service in the performance of duties
- Master's degree, additional professional designations like CFA would be a plus
- Strong familiarity with sustainable finance and approaches of ESG integration in lending, underwriting and/or investing, ideally from industry experience
- Experience in assessing climate change related risks and opportunities
- Experience with quantifying financed emissions (e.g. PCAF-aligned) is a bonus)
- Strong communication skills, verbal and in writing, and ability to translate complex messages and recommendations into concise proposals, reports and presentations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both French and English
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office in the course of their duties.
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.