You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 145 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity
KPMG's ESG practice provides a full range of advisory and assurance services to clients in both the corporate and public sectors including Oil & Gas, Financial Services, Mining, Utilities, Chemicals and more. Core services include: sustainability and Environmental, Social and Governance [ESG] strategy and risk, climate change and decarbonization, GHG emissions inventory, ESG implementation support, sustainable finance, and reporting and assurance.
Working at KPMG allows you to gain valuable on-the-job experience while building your professional network and business acumen. Being part of the KPMG Global member firm of 145 countries and 227,000 professionals, you'll contribute to a high performing team and have access to ongoing professional development and mentorship at every level. You will work with national and global organizations, and be involved in client delivery, firm building activities, and community initiatives. At KPMG, we'll provide you with the support to drive your own career and discover the countless opportunities available.
Our ESG practice in Montreal is seeking a motivated and high performing Manager to support the delivery of climate change strategy development and decarbonization, GHG emissions and sustainability reporting as well as assurance services to our clients.
Our Managers are expected to work collaboratively with the national ESG & sustainability services team focusing on;
What you will do
- Leading by example and being an authentic and active advocate of responsible business.
- Have clear points of view on major sustainability megatrends.
- Have a clearly navigable route to underlying service offerings (existing or new).
- Support firm wide sustainability propositions.
- GHG Emissions inventory and ESG metrics assurance - Provide advice to clients on the development of corporate GHG inventory in alignment to the GHG Protocol and leading multi-disciplinary teams on assurance of ESG metrics such as Scope 1, 2 and 3 GHG emissions inventory.
- Climate Risk and Decarbonization - Assist clients with the development of targets, identification of decarbonization opportunities and implementation of TCFD-aligned climate risk strategies and disclosures.
- Carbon Markets - Assist clients with navigating carbon markets and developing the business case for various options (e.g. purchasing RECs; purchasing PPAs; generating and purchasing carbon offset credits)
Scenario analysis - Assist with climate scenario analysis focusing on asset and portfolio-specific quantitative scenario analysis (under the TCFD framework)
- ESG reporting and strategy - Helping clients draft and enhance their ESG reporting consistent with evolving expectations, and support with the development of ESG frameworks and strategies.
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop skills
- Actively mentor and coach team members to their highest potential
- Create a learning environment through leadership of team members
Support client relationships and business development initiatives such as leading proposals, identifying new target clients, and develop "go to market" strategies
- Support business development regionally and nationally within the practice through development of proposals, responses to RFP's and market research
- Support development of KPMG's profile within the marketplace through industry involvement, contribution to internal and external publications, and assistance with presentations at conferences and industry events.
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities of their job. Likewise, from time to time, people need extra time to devote to personal matters, and our flexible approach provides for this. What you bring to the role
Keys to your success:
- A Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering, Sustainability or Business.
- A Master's degree (MBA, MSc. or Meng.) is preferred, but not mandatory for candidates with substantial relevant work experience
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in Engineering, Finance, ESG or Sustainability in consulting or industry (preferably with exposure to the energy and natural resources sector), including experience in estimation of GHG emissions.
- Knowledge of leading ESG reporting frameworks (SASB, TCFD, GRI etc.) as well as corporate Scope 1, 2 and 3 GHG emissions based on the GHG Protocol. Experience with assurance of ESG information based on CSAE/ISAE/ISO standards would be considered an asset, but is not mandatory.
- Experience in drafting reports and deliverables for senior management and executives
In addition you will be:
- You must have a passion for sustainability, ESG and a commitment to responsible business.
- A strong team player working across core sustainability teams and other teams within KPMG.
- Confident Self starter.
- High level of applied thinking and inquisitiveness.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills combined with sound commercial acumen.
- A pragmatic approach to analysis and problem solving, able to implement structure and conceptual models in complex client environments.
- Ability to assess information to distil the key strategic insights and convey these clearly and succinctly, both orally and in written form.
- An ability to work both collaboratively and individually; be comfortable developing answers and solutions including when the client requirements are ambiguous or changing.
- Able to form excellent working relationships both within KPMG and with clients.
- Flexibility to adapt to a variety of different engagement types, working hours and work environments and locations.
- Highest degree of personal and business integrity.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both French and English
- Have experience in ESG projects or engagements.
- Be able to help create a coherent and compelling narrative within ESG and corporate sectors.
- Be adaptable and agile to be able to flex as the context around us evolves.
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office in the course of their duties.
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.