Permanent Primary Location:
Toronto, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations:
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.Join Deloitte's Corporate Development Office, playing a part in growing the firmWhat will your typical day look like?
The Corporate Development Office (CDO) leads Deloitte's M&A, joint venture and international investment initiatives where Deloitte Canada enters into transactions to grow its services offerings. The CDO is committed to increasing value to the partnership through thoughtful execution and innovative thinking. The CDO has executed 35 transactions in the last seven years. Few professional services firms in Canada have executed this many transactions.
You will be responsible to source acquisitions targets, complete preliminary financial and strategic assessments for potential acquisition targets, lead the transaction execution and transaction monitoring as part of the CDO.About the team
The CDO team currently has six people with diverse M&A, strategy and integration background throughout the country. We work in a fast paced and challenging environment in collaboration with the firm's leaders. We assist with the development of the firm's inorganic strategy as well as source, execute, integrate and monitor success of transactions.Enough about us, let's talk about you You are someone who is/has:
- 5 to 8 years of experience, including at least three year in mergers and acquisitions.
- Some experience in working in a Corporate development role (including M&A) is an asset; working in a professional services environment is also an asset.
- Have completed a professional Bachelor of Commerce or similar degree; MBA, CBV, CPA and/or CFA designation would be an asset.
- Strong experience with Excel and financial modeling, as well as in PowerPoint and building presentations.
- Strong written and communication skills in English and French would be an asset.
- Ability to prioritize, execute and operate under tight deadline and independently.
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan . We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Manufacturing and Production