Permanent Primary Location:
Montreal, Quebec, Canada All Available Locations:
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
Enjoy My Benefit Dollars - a flexible benefit to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. Interested in joining our Capital Projects team? Keep reading to learn more! What will your typical day look like?
Our experienced Managers help our clients successfully plan, deliver and manage any type of construction project and related contractual disputes. As trusted advisors to our clients, Managers support Deloitte's Partners and Directors in strategizing and managing construction scope, cost, schedule, risk, changes, claims and related project management processes, with assistance from the team's analysts and senior associates.
You will be managing various aspects of our engagements, including:
About the team
- Developing and responding to construction claims on behalf of our clients or in the form of an independent Deloitte expert opinion, in a clear manner. Advising our clients on the appropriate strategy at different stages of our assignments, in collaboration with their legal counsel when applicable;
- Reviewing project documents, normalizing and analyzing complex data from multiple sources using advanced Excel functions and specialized analytics software (such as Tableau and QlikView) and creating relevant tables and charts to support storytelling;
- Analyzing schedules, delays, loss of productivity, and quantifying damages using industry-recommended methodologies ;
- Managing all aspects of Deloitte's engagement lifecycle;
- Coaching and developing the team's analysts and senior associates.
Deloitte is one of Canada's leading professional services firms, providing various advisory and expert services across Canada. At Deloitte, we combine industry insight with a deep understanding of today's local and global business challenges to give our clients the intelligent, practical and principled solutions they need to resolve both today's and tomorrow's challenges.
Even the best-managed ventures are vulnerable to external influences - that's where our experts step in. As a member of our team, you'll help small start-ups to massive multinationals face business issues with informed confidence.
The Capital Projects practice provides a variety of advisory services to capital project owners, developers, contractors or any organization with interest in the successful delivery of a construction or asset-based project. Our team of experienced engineers, architects, project managers, construction managers, schedulers and cost managers, possess comprehensive design and construction industry experience, and have advanced degrees in engineering, project management, business, and law.
Furthermore, through our access to the Deloitte global network of member firms, the Capital Projects group offers a broad range of integrated services in varied professional disciplines and diverse locations. Enough about us, let's talk about you
To complement our existing consulting expertise, we are seeking people with a background that includes the following:
- 6-10 years in project management, contract administration or project controls in the construction industry, or as a consultant in a similar role, with e xperience in the development and/or defense of construction claims relating to delays and cost overruns;
- Member or eligible member of a professional order of engineers or architects;
- Graduate degree and/or any relevant industry certification (PMP, CCP, etc.) is an asset;
- Demonstrated record of superior quality deliverables and services (a high GPA will be considered), with a c ommitment to client service excellence;
- Self-driven inspiring leader, with ability to work effectively within various teams on multiple engagements simultaneously;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, strong attention to detail and ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Proficient user of MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, working knowledge of project scheduling software and demonstrated interest in cutting-edge technologies applicable to the construction industry;
- Ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal) in French and English.
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Manufacturing and Production