Manager – Chart of accounts Implementation
Reference ID: MON001LY
As an Assurance Manager, you will be a professional member of our Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team. In Canada, our FAAS team consists of dedicated financial reporting and accounting advisory professionals in five locations across the country. We combine technical accounting skills in IFRS, Canadian and US GAAP, practical experience in financial reporting process as well as deep sector and regulatory knowledge. We are currently seeking a qualified candidate able to demonstrate strong leadership qualities for an excellent career and leadership opportunity in the provision of Financial Accounting Advisory Services at a Manager level.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager, you will help finance leaders address the challenges and ongoing changes facing their business, and manage the resulting repercussions on the accounting and finance function. You will partner with them to achieve their potential in acquisitions, divestitures, optimization/restructuring or accounting standards policy implementation and convergence. In addition you will create innovative commercial insights for clients, and drive improvements in business processes. Ability to travel for project work across Canada.
Skills and attributes for success
• Participate in IT consulting engagements, such as software selection and implementation, business process mapping, project management; in the EHS, Sustainability and Risk areas
• Strong analytical skills, ability to interpret business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
• Professional presence with the ability to quickly establish personal credibility and demonstrate expertise
• Experience in facilitating meetings and drive discussions with senior customer executives, business users, and IT professionals
• Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating team leaders on progress
• Support client relationships, business development and account management efforts
• Build strong internal relationships with other services across the organization
To qualify for the role you must have
• University degree in the Information Technology and/or Business Administration fields
• 3-5 years' experience in technology consulting services,
• Experience implementing charts of accounts
• Experience implementing ERP systems (Sage, Oracle, SAP, etc.).
• Management consulting experience is an asset
• Previous experience with a public accounting firm or consulting practice in the technology services area is an asset
• Energetic, passionate and entrepreneurial spirit
• A dedication to teamwork and leadership
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills
• Bilingualism (French - English)
Ideally, you'll also have
• The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment
What we look for
We're interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Posted: February 16, 2019
Closes: April 17, 2019