From small businesses to some of the world's best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data - and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You'll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of industries and responsibilities. You won't find an assurance culture like this anywhere else, so whether you're looking for a long-term career, or are interested in progressing on to other areas, this is a great place to be.
As an Assurance Manager, you will be a professional member of the EY Private Client Services team. Together with our substantial investments in technology, knowledge, and learning resources for our audit professionals, you will be part of the team that delivers quality assurance services to our clients and their stakeholders.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager, you will focus exclusively on helping business owners and entrepreneurs take advantage of opportunities and address challenges unique to private companies. You will offer hands on personalized service of a boutique style firm coupled with the breadth of service offerings and brandy only a local network can provide.
Skills and attributes for success
• Engagement planning, including client contacts, scope of mandate, determining appropriate staff requirements, and budgeting
• HST, provincial sales tax, and deductions at source: understanding concepts (registration) and credit/input tax restrictions, and identifying issues related to compliance with applicable legislation
• Reviewing working paper files, financial statements and corporate income tax returns and developing shareholder remuneration strategies integrating personal, family and corporate tax planning
• Personal/corporate tax: reviewing complex tax returns and managing the personal tax process
• Resolving routine client technical issues on engagements and escalating unresolved complex issues to the appropriate resource. Identifying additional client services (e.g., tax reorganization) and working alongside the multidisciplinary team to help deliver on them
• Providing team members with timely and direct feedback that contributes to ongoing team development. Actively manage team workload, performance and training
• Mentoring to ensure growth and career development for young team professionals
• Collaborating with partners and fellow managers on team scheduling
• Involvement across various areas such as business development, recruiting, learning, standards, etc.
• Solid technical skills and attention to detail
• Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills to manage team members and client interactions
To qualify for the role you must have
• Canadian CPA Auditor designation
• Completed undergraduate degree in accountancy or equivalent
• Minimum of four years' relevant experience in an accounting firm working with private clients
• Experience in delivering a full cycle of project management accountabilities
• Fluent French and English
Ideally, you'll also have
• Knowledge of office accounting software, inacluding Caseware, Caseview, and TaxPrep, is an asset
• The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment
What we look for
We're interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance