EY has a well-established Climate Change and Sustainability Services (CCaSS) practice to respond to our client's growing need of guidance in three key areas: social and environmental sustainability, climate change and health, safety and environment (HSE). Our services are varied, but include strategy and implementation, impact measurement, assessment of policies, programs and management systems and assurance over sustainability or Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) metrics, including greenhouse gas emission assurance or verification, used for regulatory purposes. We are looking to expand our team of professionals focused on providing high value, independent, trusted advice to our clients as they transition to a more sustainable economy. Our clients include many of today's leading global companies, innovative growth companies, government and other publicly accountable enterprises. The opportunity
We are currently seeking a qualified candidate who is able to demonstrate strong leadership qualities for an excellent career opportunity at the Manager level. We can help you realize your potential. Our success is based on your success. Our work environment is designed to help high-performing people thrive. EY's commitment to the quality and integrity of our services is exemplified by our methodologies and our rigorous quality controls applied to every client engagement. Together with our substantial investments in technology, knowledge, and learning resources for our professionals, we deliver high quality services for our clients and their stakeholders. Your key responsibilities
Take a lead role in building our assurance services as offered through our CCaSS practice in Quebec. This position will primarily oversee (1) Third-party assurance engagements over a wide range of ESG metrics and processes across all client industries; and may also include (2) Advisory engagements to support clients in improving their ESG data collection processes, including as it relates to identifying functional requirements for the implementation of new digital systems to collect, collate and report ESG data.
Develop/maintain strong working relationships with key business decision-makers to communicate value and inform them of the firm's scope of services. Provide guidance/expertise in the delivery of our climate change and sustainability services.
Working in a team environment, manage projects to assist clients in their efforts to identify, measure and appropriately manage the business and reporting sustainability risks that they face as they transition their organizations to respond to changing regulations and stakeholder expectations.
Manage and provide coaching to EY engagement teams, from planning of engagements through execution. Monitor the engagement team's progress against the plan and alter it when needed.
Manage client relationships and contribute significantly to business development and account management leadership. Represent the practice in management forums and enable the rapid, profitable growth of our business. Develop and maintain cooperative relationships with other EY client service teams.
Identify/communicate trends, developments, and key performance drivers relevant to your clients and potential clients. Demonstrate a deep understanding of client industry and marketplace.
Develop people by encouraging individuals to think for themselves and take responsibility for their contributions to the team. Successfully delegate to and manage all levels of staff. Conduct performance reviews, serve as a positive role model and mentor, and contribute to performance feedback/training. Foster teamwork and lead by example.
Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery. With guidance from leadership, maintain an educational program to continually develop skills. Skills and attributes for success
• Be a self-starter who takes ownership for tasks and team performance, and proactively seeks out ways to better address our clients' needs
• Be a team player and leader, able to successfully guide the work of others and be committed to achieving common goals
• Ability to deal with ambiguity
• With support from team leadership, ability to design and execute a logical phased approach to understand complex or unusual issues client issues, and design, recommend and implement insightful and pragmatic solutions
• Ability to take a pragmatic approach to issues that underpin client relationships while demonstrating and living the firm's values
• Demonstrate professionalism and poise in working with and presenting to clients or EY executives, and in developing relationships with potential clients
• Demonstrate strong writing skills and an ability to translate recommendations and other ideas effectively and concisely in reports, presentation materials, client proposals and other written communication
• Share our passion for helping businesses and other clients become more sustainable
• Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada. To qualify for the role you must have
• Advanced degree(s) in Business, Sustainability, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Science or other relevant area an asset
• 6-10 years of experience executing and supervising financial and/or sustainability audit or assurance projects in a client service environment; other sustainability, consulting, business development/sales experience and experience working in a matrix organization considered highly valuable
• An interest and ability to translate your audit background to ESG assurance (both limited and reasonable) and data process improvement projects, including an existing awareness of relevant ESG performance management and reporting standards (GRI, SASB, CFG, GHG Protocol, etc.)and an ability to serve clients in an advisory capacity
• Experience in conducting process and controls mapping for the purposes of better understanding/improving data collection and performance management processes, including experience advising clients on such improvements
• An interest and ability to contribute to the ongoing enhancement of our national quality improvement efforts for assurance and data management process improvement projects, including staying current on evolving internal standards/requirements, interaction with the firm's quality leadership teams, development and delivery of staff training, and development and deployment of new or improved templates, tools and approaches
• Excellent project management and team leadership skills
• Professional presence with the ability to quickly establish personal credibility and demonstrate expertise
• Exemplary written and verbal communication skills and PowerPoint skills in both French and English What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance