M&A - Analyst
Reference ID: MON001QM
Running a business is all about making intelligent decisions, powered by accurate information. As a Transaction Advisory Services Analyst you'll help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. When you join our industry-leading team, you'll be right at the heart of that challenge, working with leading business tools and methodologies to provide to some of the most sophisticated clients around.
EY has an established industry leading Transaction Advisory Services Practice. We help clients determine the right deal to do, and then assist them in doing the deal right. We are a growing practice that has the resources to serve any client, anywhere in the world. With so many offerings, you will have the opportunity to develop your career in a friendly, collaborative environment through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Your key responsibilities
As an analyst, you have the opportunity to work within our TAS specialty practice who is recognized as a trusted source of expertise for mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, financing, privatization, and recapitalizations. As part of this team you will contribute to advising C-suite executives and private company business owners on evaluating strategic alternatives in the context of transactions. From time to time, you may be called upon to work in our other Transaction Advisory Services sub-service lines, depending on their needs. This position requires travel, as necessary.
Skills and attributes for success
• Develop financial models within broadly defined guidelines
• Synthesize research information to be used in modeling, competitive analysis, industry analysis, negotiation support and various other applications
• Draft 1st draft of marketing materials
• Prepare presentations for client meetings
• Support other members of the team in identifying and exploring potential new business.
• Support transaction execution for buy side, sell side and financing assignments
• Interface with client management on transaction related issues
• Generally support the deal team on transaction advisory assignments
• Strong project management and multi-tasking skills
• Strong computer and financial modeling skills
• Understanding of key business drivers.
• The successful candidate for this position will have strong written and verbal communication/presentation skills, superior analytical skills, people skills and have been recognized for their 'roll up the sleeves' attitude and high levels of creative energy and enthusiasm.
To qualify for the role you must have
• Undergraduate degree
• Minimum 2 years of experience in a relevant field (M&A, Accounting, Financing)
• Bilingual with strong French and English oral and writing skills
• Working knowledge of the Canadian and international finance and accounting concepts and principles as it relates to M&A transactions
Ideally, you'll also have
• CPA, CFA or CBV designation would be strongly preferred
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers with a passion for Transactional Advisory Services and have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our clients goals
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Posted: January 11, 2019
Closes: March 12, 2019