Join us as a Location Safety Officer in Mascouche! We provide all PPE and social distancing measures are in place PURPOSE:
Provide uniform application of established training programs and practices. In conjunction with Location Managers, provide indirect supervision of safety and training staff. Assist the Location Managers in programs or analysis that will reduce vehicular collisions and Workers Compensation claims, provide a proactive management approach to safety awareness and initiatives. Monitor safety compliance of all government legislation and company safety polices. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists Manager in recruiting drivers and conducting training of new drivers for school bus license
- Assists Location Managers in accident investigation, analysis and determination of cause, WC claims, investigation, analysis and claims including modified duties program
- Provides such reports and other documentation as may be required, including employee files
- Compiles such regional statistical data of vehicular and WC accidents and claims
- Monitors location maintenance of records regarding completed training, licenses, driver's abstracts, criminal searches, Defensive Driving Courses, retraining, over age 65 training, attendance at safety workshops, and all other safety compliance items.
- Conducts regular performance goal setting.
- Assists with route reviews and driver safety issues, identifying driver training needs, driver training and investigates programs or training sources for subjects identified
- Coordinates with Location Manager with regard to Driver Safety Awards and other driving competitions
- Ensures records on safety and safety related matters are up to date and accurate through annual internal safety audits
- Responds in writing to branch collision appeals.
- Knowledgeable in and enforces Occupational Health & Safety regulations, Company policies relating to safety and safe driving requirements
- Assists in conducting premise inspections
- Monitors all branch minutes from Health & Safety meetings ensuring accuracy and follow up on items identified
- Establishes expertise in Occupational Health & Safety Code requirements, Company Safety Policies and Procedures, provincial traffic laws, Hours of Service and other relevant legislation i.e. drug and alcohol testing. Conducts safety inspections and makes recommendations for both ongoing safety efforts and efforts to increase safety awareness and profile
- Administers safety and company programs such as modified duties, alcohol and drug testing, driver orientation programs, student discipline training and maintains up to date awareness of legislative and other changes that affect the Company with respect to driver safety and training issues.
- Takes a proactive approach to upgrade function with value back to the company
- Advises Manager(s) of area or local community trends that would affect the retention or recruitment of employees
- May accompany location management in establishing customer contact and relationships. Liaise with school and school officials regarding safety issues
- Driving a School Bus when required
- Knowledge in a safety and training capacity is an asset
- Prior experience as a school bus driver is preferred but not necessary
- Class 2 License
- Well versed in the First Canada Driver Selection Process
- Demonstrates experience in handling competing priorities, deadlines and applying sound interpersonal skills and excellent communication, complaint handling and problem resolution
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and precisely
- Demonstrated leadership ability and decision making within known guidelines
- Demonstrated experience with relevant safety and Workers Compensation legislation and requirements
- Office and vehicle environment.
Transco is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, aboriginal peoples and members of a visible minority.
Management and Executive