Permanent Primary Location:
Montreal, Quebec, Canada All Available Locations:
Montreal Are you a bilingual paralegal looking for a new challenge? Keep reading!What will your typical day look like?
The Litigation Paralegal/Legal Assistant's role is to provide an elevated level of support according to the needs of the lawyers and legal practice. This role includes billable and non-billable work. You will be drafting, proofreading, photocopying, binding documents, scanning, revising and formatting various correspondence and legal documents, issuing and arranging for service and other documents in accordance with the Rules of Civil Procedure. Ensuring all physical and electronic filing is organized and up to date on a regular basis. Assist with docket entry and the preparation of monthly accounts. Other duties may be assigned or amended as required.About the team
Deloitte Legal Canada LLP ("DLC") is a national law firm with offices in Calgary, Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver. Our Montreal lawyers have extensive experience in the areas of tax controversy and tax litigation and in advising on the legal aspects of all tax issues and transactions. Our assistants work closely with the lawyers and with each other to provide our clients with an exceptional service experience. DLC is affiliated with the professional services firm of Deloitte LLP. You will be part of a team that will work collaboratively to support the law practice.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone who has:
- Minimum 2+ years' work experience in a law firm in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment;
- A Paralegal Certificate or Diploma from an accredited post-secondary institution;
- In-depth understanding of business and legal terminology. Strong knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure. Tax litigation experience (an asset);
- A strong proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), Adobe Pro, and Workshare;
- Fluently bilingual in English and French (written, spoken, and comprehension);
- Exceptional commitment to client service;
- Ability to deal with highly confidential information; diplomacy, conciliation and discretion are all vital in this role;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to build effective relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment;
- Demonstrated aptitude to prioritize tasks based on comparative importance and urgency;
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision and direction;
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy; and
- Flexibility to work overtime, if required.
Deloitte Legal Canada is a national law firm. Our team of lawyers has extensive experience in multiple specialties including tax controversy, tax litigation, tax advisory, employment & labour, and data privacy & cybersecurity law. The law firm of Deloitte Legal Canada is privileged to be affiliated with Deloitte, a professional services firm with global eminence.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan . Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deloitte Canada has 52 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Maintenance and Technicians