You'll join our Enterprise Support Services (ESS) team, helping to support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a driven administrative professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY's growth and profitability. Your key responsibilities
As a Legal Executive Assistant, you will perform high-level administrative support for EY Law litigation lawyers and with the legal administrative aspects of their practices including case management, document preservation, collection, review and production. Additional responsibilities include the preparation and dissemination of legal-related correspondence, the maintenance of litigation files and databases.
Your key responsibilities include:
• Document Preparation & Management: Formats and edits letters, memos, reports and presentations from draft stage to client-ready work. Uses independent judgment to compose general, non-technical business documents is privy to, and must protect, confidential materials. Follows an organized filing/document management process for electronic and paper documents. Reviews documents prior to production for accuracy and completeness, Identifies and gathers hard-copy original work papers and other important documents from practice offices related to client litigation and assists in preparing these for production • Reporting : Prepares and maintains claims summaries and periodic reports for internal, regulatory and external reporting purposes • Indexing and Filing: Maintains detailed indexes of productions for litigation matters. Maintains and organizes litigation files and filing system • Financial Management Support: Has in-depth knowledge of, and performs tasks supporting the client engagement management process including, understanding of independence regulations, using appropriate tools to open client and engagement codes and ensures compliance of time and expense tracking/reporting. Tracking of legal costs including payment of legal invoices, preparing and maintaining summaries of and monitoring legal costs by matter. • Billings and AR Collection. Assists partners with client billings and collection by liaising with the financial management group to process Work in Process (WIP) system reports, tracking expenses, drafting and finalizing invoices, time transfers and relieving WIP • Time and Calendar Management: Time and Calendar Management: Establishes a systematic method for self and others to track time commitments and due dates for tasks (tickler system), and the completion of tasks. Independently manages multiple calendars by scheduling appointments, anticipating needs, changes and rearranging meetings as appropriate. • Meeting Coordination: Coordinates and makes arrangements for on-site and off-site meetings and events including logistics (e.g., communication, location, meals, equipment, materials, RSVPs, and travel.). • Travel Planning: Coordinates cost-effective and sometimes complex domestic and international travel arrangements and itineraries for individuals and groups. • Client Relationship Management: Regularly meets with client serving executives to obtain a strong understanding of their needs. Develops and maintains relationships with internal and external clients to understand the business and client needs. • Other duties as required
Overtime required as needed Skills and attributes for success
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, with an aptitude to learn standard firm software and other relevant applicants and technical/office equipment at an advanced level • Exceptional administrative skills and strong focus on attention to detail To qualify for the role, you must have
• Ability to work and multi-task in a fast paced environment, taking responsibility for client service demonstrating the ability to follow up and follow through
• Ability to readily adapt to changes in working environment and help others adjust
• Mindset for continuous improvement - streamlines work processes and share results with others • Ability to work, cooperate and communicate with others • Sound judgment regarding confidential and sensitive matters • Highly motivated, proactive and enthusiastic team player
• Bilingualism- French and English. • Minimum 2 plus years of litigation or applicable experience • 5-10 years related experience in an administrative role/environment preferred • Bachelor's degree an asset but not required • Experience as a legal assistant would be an asset. • Law clerk designation or diploma or equivalent experience Ideally, you'll also have
• General understanding of financial principles as they relate to the billing of chargeable time • Professional services firm experience What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers, have a very strong attention to detail and the ability to meet multiple and/or unexpected deadlines in a demanding environment. What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you to decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry • Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career • The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Management and Executive Operations and Logistics