You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity:
Innovate. Collaborate. Shine. Lighthouse - KPMG Canada's Center of Excellence for Data Valorization, Advanced Analytics- applies data science to solve real-word business problems, operationalize AI and optimize emerging technologies for its mission. Join a diverse team which is always curious and learning, thinking independently, working collaboratively, has a passion to solve difficult problems, and has fun doing it.
KPMG Lighthouse Quebec has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Data Architect , to join our team! This role will be a rewarding experience for you if you:
What you will do
- Thrive on challenges and work best in a fast-paced environment where each day is different
- Work well in a project team environment and have strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Have a permanent "figure it out" mindset
What you bring to the role
- Collaborate, consult and interact with data engineers and data scientists to build machine learning-based software solutions.
- Develop artifacts such as data models, data architecture, documentations, scripts and project deliverables.
- Assess and analyze the current data-architecture and all its components maturity level.
- Profile databases and model the derived and standardized data layers across different platforms.
- Create a logical, standardized data model, extend it to development of the physical data model and drive development team to deploy the infrastructure for supporting data driven decision.
- Help reviewing the change requests based on data architecture assessment and analytical needs, product and source system evolutions.
- Write up data dictionary, data governance strategies and policies.
- Find out data quality management processes and document and implement them.
- Perform Test-Driven Development (TDD) to ensure the maximum quality of the components in data architecture.
- Help translating architectural decisions into high-level and detailed designs.
- Work with senior KPMG leaders to understand, enhance and integrate service offerings across the operations.
- Integrate and optimize the concrete application of artificial intelligence in an ethically responsible and safe manner.
- Coach and mentor more junior staff on the team and engage in skill development conversations.
- Support client pursuits business development efforts including preparing proposals and leading presentations to senior executives.
- Build long-term business relationships with senior client personnel and executives through engagements and networking in professional organizations.
- Take accountability for client deliverables by leading engagements and teams to successful outcomes with a focus on supporting your team, client needs and generating value.
Keys to your success:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering or related fields.
- A minimum of 8 yrs' experience in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of Python programming language for data operations.
- Strong project management skills to help and guide a team of data scientist and data engineers and develop project plans that meet client requirements.
- Extensive experience with relational and NoSQL databases such as Oracle, MS SQL Server, Redis, DynamoDB, Cassandra, etc.
- Extensive experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka.
- Extensive experience with micro-service architecture, serverless and data-driven modular design.
- Experience in developing and deploying ETL stacks on-prem and in the Cloud.
- Experience working with Cloud providers such as Azure, AWS and GCP.
- Strong knowledge of database structure systems and SQL queries.
- Excellent organizational and analytical abilities.
- Knowledge of programming in Java or Scala is a plus.
- Knowledge of data science activities is a plus.
- Knowledge of Azure Cloud platform is a plus .
- An insatiable curiosity to learn, an aptitude to figure it out and a hunger to make a difference
- Strong communication in English and French and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think critically and laterally - problem solve and innovate within a team environment
- High level of attention to detail, excellent time management skills using agile methodology and ability to perform under pressure
- Ability to travel within Canada in the future
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance