Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
TD Insurance is part of TD Bank Group, one of Canada's largest financial institutions. TD Insurance helps protect clients from the 'accidents of life' with a wide range of products including credit protection, life, health, travel, home and auto insurance. With more than three million clients, TD Insurance authorized products and services are available online, over the phone, and through a network of more than 1,000 TD Canada Trust branches.
In Canada, we have two lines of business, General Insurance and Life and Health. Our General Insurance business is one of the top home and auto insurance groups in Canada and the national leader in group insurance and affinity marketing. Our Life and Health business is the number one provider of critical illness insurance and direct life and health insurance in Canada.
At TD Insurance, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment. With a Canada-wide workforce of over 4,000 employees and offices in Atlantic Canada, Quebec, Ontario and Alberta, our company is always growing and can help you to grow. TD Insurance offers a stable and dynamic work environment where talent is appreciated and professional development is taken seriously. More than just a job, we offer rewarding careers.Job Description
Reporting to the Manager Middleware, Unix and DBA infrastructure delivery, the IT Data Base Build Analyst level II provides a broad range of research, installation, maintenance, configuration, administration of UNIX systems & applications at TD.
· Provide technical solutions to the operations, development, and architecture teams.
· consult with other functional areas to provide technical expertise on area of specialization by acting as a reference on technology, trends and processes related to own area
· Participate in projects aimed at evolving the base infrastructure & optimizing the operational environment, either on the Cloud, in virtual or physical env.
· Performs the configuration, design, build deploy and provisioning of Unix infrastructure (asses required resources, manage accesses, proposes and implements improvements…)
· Insures applicative maintenance operations (ex.: deploys application patches, executes and follow-up of service tickets (SDM),…)
· Maintain base infrastructure components and liaise with 3rd party vendor to report problems and receive fixes
· Deploys, executes and documents operational proceses for the operations teams (maintenance plan, Unix performance follow-up, Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP),…)
· Monitor system lifecycles, ensuring specifications and functionality support business objectives and architecture decisions, undertaking re-development, as required
· Application and implementation of platform design patterns and standards for infrastructure components, in alignment with engineered product catalog and guidelines, ensuring efficiencies are leveraged
· Keep current with industry and/or business trends
· Work effectively as a team, supporting other members of the team in resolving critical service issues and must be comfortable with stress in unplanned and emergency activities
· Prioritize and manage own workload in order to deliver quality results and meet timelines
· Support a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest.
· May develop scripts using appropriate tools to address gaps in the application/system, to simplify and enhance the application/system environment
· Invest the appropriate efforts to consistently improve their knowledge of our systems. Requirements
- Undergraduate degree or Technical Certificate
- 1-3 years relevant experience
· Autonomous subject matter expert, consults with clients, team, and/or project team to provide technical guidance on highly complex system/applications
- Leads the support, troubleshooting and problem resolution of highly complex and/or comprehensive applications/systems and/or business lines
- Significant experience with Solaris 10 & 11 (system virtualization, LDOM, ZONE)
- Knowledge of Unix Shell , Perl
- In-depth knowledge of client/server technology, including network
- Knowledge of DevOps and automation in the DB fdelivery ield
- Knowledge of Cloud, virtual and physical environments
- Certified Solaris 11 System Administartion, Redhat 7 an asset
- Knowledge of Oracle Data Base and physical servers an asset
- Knowledge of OEM, Splunk, ITM, TSM, Ops Center, Control-M, puppet, an asset,
- Change, Problem & Incident management tools ( Service Now an asset)
- Knowledge of Windows and AS400 iSeries environments an asset
- Willing to work outside regular hours
- Experience in testing
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) (Waterfall, Iterative, Agile)
- Knowledge in project management (including, planning, test planning, effort estimation, risk management, reporting, budget, Ms Project, Visio) an asset
· Support a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest
- Good organizational and time management skills, and ability to prioritize work.
- Detail oriented, Strong interpersonal skills, customer service focused. Analytical, results-oriented
- Bilingual (French and English)
The Middleware, Unix & DBA Service Delivery team within the Infrastructure Technology Solutions, Service Delivery group for TD Insurance, is a team of knowledgeable specialists in the areas of Weblogic Application Server, Websphere Application Server, Cloud, MQ, FileNet, SAS, Tuxedo, Unix, Oracle, Golden Gate, Ms Sql, IIDR et Datamiror.
We are working with our partners (Technology, Corporate, Business and Vendors) through a value driven, strategic and collaborative approach to provide a broad range of research, installation (incl. deployment and release management), maintenance, configuration, administration of systems and applications, on a DevOps fashion. Hours
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.