The Accounts Payable Clerk uses the automated business systems to process supplier invoices and employee travel claims for payment reconciles vendor statements and performs other clerical tasks to support senior staff. Tasks
Preparing incoming supplier invoices for payment:
- Schedules invoices for payment within a given framework of prescribed due dates
- Communicates with suppliers and internal clients
- Sorts, stamps, etc.
Processing supplier invoices for payment:
- Validates invoices/supplier statements for accuracy
- Enters invoice information into Infor LN Accounts Payable system and validates applicable taxes
- Arranges for wire payments from pre-set templates
- Forwards copy of all invoices/cheques over $50,000 for additional signatures.
Processing employee travel claims:
- Enters pre-verified and pre-approved travel claims into Infor LN Accounts Payable system.
Performs general clerical accounting tasks such as:
- Prepares backup file of vendor invoices for audits or billing purposes
- Distributes cheques to suppliers and/or employees
- Other related tasks as required
Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile
- Good working knowledge of business financial software (i.e. SAP Financial Accounting and Controlling modules).
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel and basic knowledge of Word.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team and interact effectively with others.
- Attention to detail.
- Good customer service
- Meets work demands and expectations in an efficient and effective manner.
- College diploma or technical studies in accounting
- 2 years relevant work experience
- Prior experience using an ERP system
- Fluent in French and English (verbal and written).
Posted: November 17, 2018
Closes: January 16, 2019