Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
TD Insurance is part of TD Bank Group, one of Canada's largest financial institutions. TD Insurance helps protect clients from the 'accidents of life' with a wide range of products including credit protection, life, health, travel, home and auto insurance. With more than three million clients, TD Insurance authorized products and services are available online, over the phone, and through a network of more than 1,000 TD Canada Trust branches.
At TD Insurance, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment. With a Canada-wide workforce of over 4,000 employees and offices in Atlantic Canada, Quebec, Ontario and Alberta, our company is always growing and can help you to grow. TD Insurance offers a stable and dynamic work environment where talent is appreciated, and professional development is taken seriously. More than just a job, we offer rewarding careers.
TD Insurance Technology Solutions team is comprised of 300 IT Professionals. Our vision is to deliver Simple, Innovative, Customer-centric solutions. We support and strengthen our Business Partners and communities by focusing on the Operating Principles:
Job Description About This Role Job Description
- Bring you full self to the table and share
- Work together to ensure we are presenting a united front
- Respect our processes yet respectfully challenge then
- Live PAN TDI (LoB, Location, Language, Culture)
- Communicate expectations and act as a role model.
: Member of the team under the Sr Manager Technology Delivery / Partner Mgmt the position holder assures the follow-up from start to finish deliveries which are assigned to him from the planning to the implementation in production in collaboration with the different teams (TS and ITS). He is responsible for planning and coordinating application life cycle activities or function while respecting the processes, the schedules, the costs planned, the methodology and the standards. The team can be in several cities across Canada. He may be required to coordinate multiple projects activities simultaneously. Job Requirements:
Requirements What can you bring to TD?
- Take in charge some of the Technology Application Ownership task (assigned has Technology Owner delegate for a number of applications, keep ABOR information current, …)
- Insure to have an application documentation repository up to date, keeping the technical documentation up to date
- Follow and lead for applications audit, security/compliances issues, currency projects
- Insure Impact analysis, approval, coordinate delivery of change related to the application (Projects, Certificate update, firewall, security patch testing, bug fixes, etc)
- Insure a role of the first contact and SME for a group of application, changes coordination, Level 3 support
- Responsible for coordinating and managing the overall deployment of solutions, including sequencing of project deployments to ensure on-time delivery with all the parties and third party involved
- Work with the teams to plan initiative deployments and to define the deployment requirements
- Assures a realistic and rigorous planning of the deliveries by considering risks and constraints
- Control change to project scope through accepted change management processes and documentation
- Participate to projects estimation
- Manage cross release, cross unit ownership of deployment issues and interdependencies
- Participate to the Release management meeting
- Resolve deployment conflicts within the portfolio team, release management group, across Technology teams and within other Enterprise Technology groups
- Proactively identify deployment issues and risks and put measures in place to resolve, escalating only when necessary
- Makes sure to eliminate the obstacles and the problems which prevent the team from moving forward and from progressing in its work;
- Makes sure that the follow-up delivery documentations under his responsibility are up to date and practice a proactive management
- Responsible for deployment to all the different environments (Dev, SIT, BAT, PAT, DR, Prod, …)
- Assist in the development/maintenance of comprehensive processes for prevention of issues and participate in problem determination and timely resolution of incidents
- Participates in the resolution of problems through leadership/coaching and the development of strategies for operational improvement
- Understand and navigate the processes and organizations involved in delivering change
- Coordinate and support contract negotiation and third-party relationship
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 10 years' experience in system development. Less education combined with relevant experience will be considered.
- Proven verbal ability and written communication in both English and French, both with external stakeholders, colleagues, team members and management
- Capacity to be worked under pressure, must be capable of managing several things at the same time
- Strong leadership and coordination skills.
- Capability to take lead and organize challenging meetings.
- Ability to identify and implement process improvements that will improve quality, efficiency and reduce costs
- Working in Agile/Scrum or waterfall mode depending of the projects
- Support a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest
- Sound knowledge of Bank and technology standards (e.g., infrastructure, architecture, processes, applications, development methodology) and managing projects
- Sound understanding of businesses and/or organizational practices/disciplines
- Foster a cohesive team environment within own team and across IT as a whole
- Available to make extra hours, in the evening and the end of the week if required
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and ability to work independently. Be capable of auto-development
- Knowledge of the insurance field (an asset).
Regular Job status:
Full Time Hours:
M-F, overtime when needed Additional Information Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking,
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.