What is the opportunity? If you possess a client-focused mindset and have the ability to identify client centric solutions, this role gives you a great opportunity to grow with the RBC Direct Investing team. As an Investment Services Representative, you provide clients with helpful and engaging, professional, efficient, and knowledgeable service over the phone or through electronic communications. You are diligent with an attention to detail, and maximize productivity on an individual and team level. Effective problem resolution, exceptional client service and expert securities knowledge is crucial to your success in this role, along with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment.
This is a full-time and shift oriented role with an opportunity to potentially work from home. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed?Must-have
- Proactively uncover opportunities to match customer needs through effective communication and probing skills to help guide clients to available products and services offered by Direct Investing.
- Work within specified performance metrics for all client communications (verbal or written).
- Uphold a professional image of RBC and RBC Direct Investing Inc. at all times.
- Actively promote the capability and functionality of the RBC Direct Investing website and mobile capabilities, proactively identifying self-service opportunities for clients.
- Provide helpful and engaging, knowledgeable, accurate, responsive, and professional services to clients, including prompt and courteous completion of trade instructions via telephone, or electronic means, all within regulatory requirements and guidelines.
- Understand and apply industry rules and regulations (e.g. IIROC, Provincial, etc.), as well as RBC Enterprise and RBC Direct Investing Inc. policies and procedures to all activities performed.
- Accurately execute client instructions within defined authorities and ensure clients have the means to meet trade settlement obligations.
- Ability to work independently as a Remote Office Employee (ROE), working in your home office with proven time management, organizational and problem solving skills
- Must be able to meet with the technological requirements for the role (i.e. private and quiet space, Internet connectivity)
- University or College degree/diploma or a minimum of 1 year of relevant business experience in a client service role, driven to help meet clients' needs.
- Strong English and French communication (verbal, written, and transcription), analytical and time management skills, along with an attention to detail.
- Excellent team building, problem resolution, and computer navigation skills, as well as strong initiative and the ability to multi task.
- Exceptional customer service skills and, friendly and professional telephone skills.
- Full flexibility to work a variety of shifts ranging between 7AM to 8PM, Mondays to Saturdays.
- Completion of the following required courses
- Completion and maintenance of standing (per regulatory requirements) for the following required courses or must be completed as per the timelines below:
- Canadian Securities Course (CSC) 1 must be completed within 7 weeks of the start date.
- Canadian Securities Course (CSC) 2 must be completed within 15 weeks of the start date.
- Completion and maintenance of Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) certification level 1 or any higher levels of the CFA program.
- Conduct Practices Handbook (CPH) must be completed within 22 weeks of the start date.
- Derivative Fundamentals and Options Licensing Course (DFOL) must be completed within 44 weeks of the start date.
What's in it for you?We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted information to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Prior completion and maintenance of standing (per regulatory requirements) with the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) or CFA level 1, Conduct Practices Handbook (CPH) & Derivative Fundamentals and Options Licensing Course (DFOL).
- Fluency in a third language is an asset (Mandarin, Cantonese).
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact on our clients
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work and take on progressively greater accountabilities
At RBC, the health and wellbeing of our employees and candidates is always our top priority .Recruitment ProcessCOVID-19 has accelerated change across our workplace, including our hiring practices! As a result, throughout your application process, you may be asked to connect with us virtually, and may not be required to meet in-person. Our recruiters will explain how our video-interview technology will be used throughout the recruitment process, and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have. Workplace Flexibility You will be given the opportunity to work from home, if you can be fully productive, and role requirements including regulatory obligations can be satisfied. We are committed to supporting flexible work arrangements, investing in technology or other resources to enable you to work from home effectively, wherever possible. Health & Safety For employees that may be required to work from our premises, we're doing our part to safeguard your health, and taking extra steps to reduce the spread of COVID-19. All RBC premises will allow for required physical distancing requirements, and new routines and resources such as hand sanitizer, antiseptic wipes, masks, or other protective equipment.Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you. Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com .
Address: 7101 Avenue du Parc
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Call Centre
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel (%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 07/23/2021
Req ID: 371978
Platform: Personal & Commercial Banking
Customer Service and Support