Requisition ID: 61589
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Job Purpose
As a member of the branch sales team you are responsible for contributing to the team's overall success by meeting/exceeding negotiated deposit and investment sales goals through effective management of your assigned portfolio of customers. Your primary role is to establish/deepen investment and primary banking relationships with existing 'assigned' customers as well as customers referred by branch partners.
Leading with a financial planning approach, you will offer customized planning and advice focused on helping customers achieve their investment and retirement goals; recommending appropriate solutions and providing ongoing relationship management. Along with your own prospecting and customer relationship management activities you'll also assist branch advisors in providing advice to customers with more complex investment and retirement planning needs to help increase the advisors' knowledge, skills and confidence with Scotiabank's deposit and investment solutions. In addition you will be responsible for acting on internal referrals from other team members and for identifying and transitioning customers with borrowing needs to the most appropriate Advisor in the branch.
You will contribute to the branch's overall success by meeting negotiated personal sales and activity goals through the identification and fulfilment of customer needs as well as referrals to our small business, commercial and wealth management partners. Non-financial objectives include customer satisfaction, teamwork, meeting operational and compliance requirements, and pursuing personal development.
You are also responsible for contributing to a positive customer and employee experience by delivering efficient, straightforward and knowledgeable service throughout your daily interactions, fostering relationships of mutual trust, respect and confidence. Key Accountabilities
- Develop and build trusted customer relationships with emphasis on providing advice relative to more complex investment and retirement planning strategies by:
- Understands customer's life priorities and preferences, analyzing their needs and recommending the relevant advice and solutions to help them achieve their goals.
- Using financial planning tools to demonstrate the benefit of advice provided and support the solutions recommended with emphasis on meeting the customers short, medium and long term investment needs
- Conducting comprehensive reviews for assigned clients including retirement planning, wealth accumulation and estate planning etc. actively engaging customers in the process.
- Identifying referral opportunities in response to changes in needs/preferences and where necessary, referring the customer to the appropriate Wealth Management Partner.
- Generating and closing in-branch referrals and mining of branch generated competitor statements.
- Provide high quality advice, across the full range of deposits and investment products and services.
Effectively execute business development activities focused on driving deposit and investment sales growth by:
- Implementing a highly proactive customer contact strategy including planned calls, a prescribed # of customer financial plans/reviews completed each week along with a disciplined next diarized contact plan.
- Focusing on the targeted customer segment, based on investment potential, supporting other segments as required.
- Leveraging lead generation tools to identify untapped opportunities to expand existing customer's portfolio of deposit and investment business.
- Preparing/delivering presentations and seminars to customers, prospective customers and Centres of Influence for business development purposes.
- Asking for referrals from satisfied customers to generate sales and increase market share.
- Conducting outbound marketing activities to potential prospects.
Contribute to an optimal customer service and advice experience by:
- Consistently delivering on our service and advice promise through adherence to our defined Customer Experience Delivery model during all customer and employee interactions.
- Creating comprehensive financial plans leveraging relevant financial planning modules and advice based tools and resources.
- Deliver on the complex advice expectations of our customers.
- Networking with industry specialists to remain knowledgeable and current in marketplace trends and legislation.
- Demonstrating a degree of flexibility to meet with customers at mutually convenient times/locations.
- Maintaining a professional image that is a positive reflection of Scotiabank.
Contribute to the overall business objectives of the branch team by:
- Acquiring, retaining and growing loyal customer relationships.
- Meeting established individual goals through effective management of activities and opportunities.
Minimize the Bank's exposure to risk by:
- Ensuring all client interactions are met by the Bank's Global Sales Principles guidelines.
- Contributing to operational excellence and a satisfactory branch audit.
- Adhering to compliance with regulatory activities and guidelines as part of the sales process, including Privacy, Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing, FCAC, Know Your Customer, CDIC, MFDA rules, regulations and policies, as well as SSI guidelines/processes and Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Adhering to compliance with regulatory activities and guidance over Occupational Health & Safety.
- Ensuring strict adherence to Bank security procedures, assigned authorities and limits.
- Escalating fraudulent activities, unusual occurrences, issues /deficiencies/trends to your direct supervisor and/or Branch Manager and/or Chief Compliance Officers and/or applicable Shared Services Department.
Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment. Functional Competencies
1. Advanced knowledge of practical sales techniques and prospecting
2. Highly effective verbal and written communication skills
3. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also as part of larger branch team
4. Proven networking, customer acquisition and interpersonal skills
5. Expert knowledge of:
- Financial Planning tools, all modules and Advice Tools ( Mapping Tomorrow )
- Investment product features and benefits, and related policies and procedures
- Interview techniques to discover opportunities
- Needs assessment and relationship development
- Customer life stages
- Leveraging mobile technology to deliver convenient, personalized service/advice
- Marketplace trends
- Knowledge and application of Customer Experience Model
- Advice conversation techniques
- Solicitation and telemarketing techniques
- Wills, Estate Planning
- Portfolio Analyzer
6. Thorough knowledge of:
Education / Experience
- Applicable Branch technology platforms / systems
- Day to Day (D2D), Self-service and Creditor Insurance products features and benefits, and related policies and procedures
- Sales building and retention activities, and negotiation techniques
- Competitor offerings
- Credit risk/adjudication policies and processes
- Retail Lending policies and processes
- Regulatory compliance in relation to the sale of our products, storage of information and ongoing
- Monitoring of customer relationship; specifically in relation to Know Your Customer requirements; Privacy,
- Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing, FCAC, CDIC and Occupational Health & Safety
- Customer Segmentation
- Post-secondary education in Business or related field
- Successful completion of the CIFP Diploma in Financial Planning. For those in Quebec, successful completion of all courses related to IQPF are mandatory (Institut Quebecois de planification financiere).
- Mutual Fund License (MFDA).
- Minimum three years of investment sales experience and financial planning
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Brossard || Canada : Quebec : Candiac || Canada : Quebec : Longueuil || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
As Canada's International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Law, Risk Management, Investment, Finance, Legal
Banking, Finance and Insurance