Requisition ID: 110626
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Investment Banking Intern (Montreal)
Summer 2022 (May - August) Why work for Scotiabank?
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. We are powered by our 97,000 high-performing teammates who make a real difference across the globe as a leading provider of advice, products, digital experiences, and financial services.
This is a place where you'll get to learn and develop your skills, while being recognized for your hard work. At Scotiabank, we're passionate about bringing our whole selves to work, allowing us to create inclusive work environments for everyone to enjoy. Who we are:
Global Banking & Markets provides a full range of investment banking, credit and risk management products and services relevant to the financing and strategic development needs of our clients. Our products include debt and equity financing, mergers & acquisitions, corporate banking, institutional equity sales, trading and research, fixed income products, derivatives, energy, foreign exchange and precious & metals. We also cross-sell the full range of wholesale products and services offered by the Scotiabank Group. Position Description:
The Co-op Analyst Program at Scotiabank is designed to introduce undergraduate students to the stimulating and challenging career of investment banking involving debt and equity financings, mergers and acquisitions, financial advisory work and business development in several industry sectors. Co-op Analysts will learn to perform complex financial analysis such as market comparisons, company valuations and pro-forma financial modeling. In addition, Co-op Analysts prepare company and industry specific research to support financial valuations.
Putting forth a strong and consistent effort is critical to the success and development of an Analyst at Scotiabank. Co-op Analysts must have a strong work ethic, be accommodating and maintain extremely high professional standards. A Co-op Analyst is typically involved in a number of deals and projects at the same time and will work with several senior group members concurrently. Balancing the requirements of multiple deal assignments and/or projects can be very demanding. The challenging nature of the work, combined with long hours at the office requires intense effort and dedication. Co-op Analysts must also be willing to work extended business hours, including weekends as required, in order to meet multiple work deadlines.
Co-op Analysts will have access to the Global Banking and Markets Learning Program, focusing on Capital Markets, Investment Banking, Corporate Banking, Equity Research, Financial Engineering etc. In addition, Interns will have an opportunity to meet and network with students working across Scotiabank and get involved in the Scotiabank Student Social Committee. Responsibilities
• Evaluating and analyzing the financial needs of corporate clients, including the development of financial models, marketing materials and presentations
• Generally supporting client pitch and deal execution efforts
• Financial and written analysis of companies and industries, including the development of valuation models, pro-forma financial statements and comparable company analysis, etc.
• Sourcing the data required to perform financial analysis
• Drafting prospectuses and marketing presentations for transactions
• Preparing client presentations
• Applying product and capital markets knowledge to help clients achieve their financial objectives. Qualifications
• Proven record of outstanding achievement in academic and extracurricular activities
• A clearly defined interest in Investment Banking
• Strong quantitative skills focused on financial analysis, accounting and financial theory
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• A high level of attention to detail
• The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a high standard of work
• High professional standards
• Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to new situations
• A strong sense of personal integrity and teamwork
• A high level of energy and a keen desire to learn new concepts
• Independent thinker and proven ability to make decisions
• Related industry experience is an asset.
• Fluency in French is required How do I Apply?
For students, we believe evaluating you through relationships over resumes, and we are focused on learning about who you are and what you're interested in to uncover your true potential. In short, we don't believe resumes will provide us with an accurate depiction of what you're truly about in order to properly assess your potential. Instead, we want to get to know YOU and hear about your experiences that have shaped you. We know... this might sound crazy but we do not want you to submit your resume.
we ask that as part of your application, you complete the steps below:
1) Complete your PLUM Profile here
2) Take a screenshot of your completed PLUM profile
3) Complete a very short one-way video interview by clicking here (if you have already done this in the past with us, you don't need to do it again)
4) When it prompts you to submit your resume, do not attach your resume!
Instead, attach the screenshot of your PLUM profile and your Transcript under
the "resume" section (step #2 above). Cover letters are optional - not required. Note
: You do not need to complete your PLUM profile or video interview multiple times if you are applying to multiple positions. Also, we have full access to your entire profile from Plum and won't use the screenshot but it's a great reminder for each of you to have completed it.
We thank you all for your interest in Scotiabank! However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.
**In order to be considered for student opportunities at Scotiabank and/or Tangerine, you must submit your PLUM Assessment and Video Interview. **
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Intern, Part Time, Seasonal, Finance, Retail, Entry Level
Banking, Finance and Insurance