Permanent Primary Location:
Montreal, Quebec, Canada All Available Locations:
Our consulting team at Deloitte helps multiple clients replace, upgrade or maintain technology systems. In fact, current market need for these services is so high, we have built a dedicated world-class team to help us meet this demand. It is called the Canadian Delivery Centre (CDC) and is located in Canada's main bilingual business centre, Montreal.
As an Intermediate Cloud Support Engineer in the CDC, you will be part of a team that delivers new technology solutions to our clients, leveraging leading cloud service providers (ex: AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.). You will be part of a team that supports client's live solutions, often immediately after being released to a user community. We will count on you to support client's day to day infrastructure operations, resolve cloud related issues quickly, provide excellent customer service, and execute critical system changes or maintenance.
In our view, the best support engineers are passionate about leading technology solutions and are driven to learn about them to keep up with market evolution. They possess strong problem-solving and analytical skills and are comfortable working remotely with colleagues and clients. They have an interest to continue to grow technically as well as growth those around them.
- Leading methods and tools
- Top professionals to coach and develop you
- An open mind for new ideas
- Opportunities to work with leading Canadian and global companies
- Partnerships with top technology providers
- A dynamic and energetic workplace
- Support client's day to day operations on an infrastructure as a service platform (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- Resolving cloud solutions related incidents making sure all the tickets are addressed and closed within SLA targets
- Handle customer escalations and provide RCA (root cause analysis) report for major incidents
- Troubleshoot issues related to network, storage, compute or application on cloud services (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Define and report KPIs and SLAs to monitor the health and performance of cloud services
- Ensure proactive monitoring is enabled and timely responded for cloud infrastructure.
- Manage the implementation of new instances and sites into production environments
- Provide feedback to application teams regarding impacts of product defects, system stability, feature functionality, product usage trends, and overall satisfaction
- Create and update Standard Operations Procedures (SOP's) for daily operational activities
- Monitor environments, lead patch management or other regular maintenance and scale up or down for compute and memory
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly metrics driven status reports
- Provide snapshots of volumes, moving data from one location to another, or restoring data based on user request
- Handle provisioning requests for storage, compute or networks based on client or internal team requests
- Manage Identity Access Management groups/users based on defined parameters
- Set up and monitor metrics for Infrastructure performance and utilization. Proactively identify and resolve any performance issues.
- Set up routine archival backup for applications and databases
- Perform virtual machine OS security patch updates
- Engage vendors for any troubleshooting that require 3rd party support
- Set up event triggers for production and non-production environments
- A bachelor's degree or a college degree in computer science, engineering or similar
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or minimum cumulative CRC of 27 or more
- Experience implementing system management tools to provide monitoring and management of all cloud infrastructures
- Experience designing and maintaining security policies and procedures for cloud services
- Experience leading communication through all tiers of support to ensure incidents are resolved expeditiously
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Good problem solving, critical thinking & analytical skills
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing environments
- Solid understanding of information security standards and IT frameworks (e.g. NIST, CoBIT, or ITIL)
- Experience supporting infrastructure on AWS, Azure, GCP, or similar
- 4 - 5 years of experience at managing mission-critical auto-scaling cloud-based n-tier web applications, distributed for high availability
- Possess infrastructure certifications (e.g. AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate, GCP Associate or MS Azure Professional)
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory and Domain Services Troubleshooting; Windows and Linux OS Administration tools
- Professional, effective communicator both in person and in writing while maintaining a collaborative attitude
- Experienced in systems troubleshooting, including database systems, TCP/IP-based networking, web applications, and Windows and Linux system administration
- 4 - 5 years of experience interacting with customers in technical support or helpdesk
- Must be eligible for Canadian government Secret (Level II) security clearance
- Must be available after hours based on a rotating shift schedule and/or on-call for intervention and incident response
We also value:
- Knowledge of support processes
- Ability to work in French
- Ability to enter the USA for training or short term work assignmentWhy Deloitte?
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply