Requisition ID: 159018
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The position is responsible for providing Insurance Consultants with the support they require to drive new business and advisor engagement within their regions. The incumbent will perform a variety of functions towards that end, mostly dedicated to a particular IC but working as part of a team that may require his/her support across several different ICs at different points in time.
• Supports IC prospecting and pipeline management activities. This includes ensuring that new opportunities are properly captured and tracked in our Agency Management System; following up with advisors on the status of leads and next steps; providing reporting and/or directing leaders and advisors towards reporting around leads; liaising with the planning team and Total Wealth Managers to ensure they have whatever data they require to incorporate insurance into planning and total wealth proposals; running illustrations and packaging up sales presentations; and sharing content, updates, and key messages with advisors.
• Supports the IC's sales process. This includes preparing all necessary new business documentation, including pre-filling documents prior to client meetings; completing insurance applications with clients, where needed; liaising with SWIS case coordinators, advisors, and clients during the underwriting process, including any required escalations with underwriters; providing updates on pending cases to advisors and ICs, and preparing policy delivery packages.
• Provides quality assurance support that helps ICs ensure their new business is submitted in good order. This includes ensuring that all documentation is completed accurately, in full, and on time; validating that all involved parties are properly licensed and captured properly within Centralize; making sure that all regulatory requirements are met (e.g. CASL, AML, CLHIA disclosure, etc.); and collaborating with Case Coordinators to keep application and policy data up-to-date and accurate in Centralize.
• Facilitates business development and advisor education opportunities. This includes assisting with promotional seminars/webinars - organizing, registering participants, managing logistics, liaising with presenters, sending out CE certificates, etc.; collaborating with carriers to organize educational sessions; and directing advisors to available resources (internal content, carrier content, CE opportunities and tracking, etc.)
• Supports ICs in managing in-force policies where they are Agent of Record. This includes reviewing statements and notices as they are sent to the ICs and flagging any policies that require attention; undertaking policy analysis; requesting in-force illustrations; and providing any necessary paperwork to ICs in order to make any policy changes.
• Provides administrative support to ICs, as needed. This may include supporting ICs' efforts to conduct their business in a digital fashion; managing the flow of mail and couriers where digital processing is not an option; ensuring that the IC is well stocked with necessary supplies; triaging emails, calls and requests that come to the IC; and providing support around coordination of meetings and helping with travel arrangements, where feasible.
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of their respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
• Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
• Supporting approx. 40 Sr. ICs and ICs along with other Scotia Wealth Management field staff, which includes over 70 specialist professionals and over 800 relationship managers across the business lines
Education / Experience / Other Information (include only those that are specific to the role)
• Strong analytical skills and proficiency with Excel & PowerPoint
• University degree or equivalent
• Knowledge of the insurance and/or wealth management industry
Industry accreditation (insurance license, CSC, CFP, PFP, CLU, other) would be an asset
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Underwriter, QA, Investment Banking, QC, Administrative Assistant, Insurance, Quality, Finance, Administrative
Banking, Finance and Insurance