Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for an Inspector to join our Caleb Brett team.
This team provides cargo inspection and analytical assessment to the world’s petroleum, mining, minerals and biofuels industries. With solutions based on years of expertise, innovation and advanced analytical capabilities, we help customers optimize return on cargoes and help them resolve difficult technical challenges.
1. General Description of Responsibilities
- By delegation from the Branch Manager, the Inspector has responsibility for providing effective and competent office support to the Branch in a safe, legal, and ethical manner.
2. Specific Responsibilities
- Listed examples are illustrative and representative of the tasks required of this position and are not intended to be complete or exclusive.
- To perform, by specified methodology, visual observation, volume measurement, temperature measurement, and sampling of commodity materials contained or conveyed in lines, barge tanks, ship tanks, rail tanks, shore tanks, and other vessels.
- To attend commodity material movements involving line and tank transfer or displacement, lightering, and loading and unloading.
- To communicate and coordinate with terminal, transport, and Company personnel to promote smooth exercise of duties assigned.
- To monitor the availability of the supplies needed for the above processes, and to make any needs for such supplies known to the Dispatcher or Coordinator.
- To perform routine equipment calibration, verification, and function checks.
- To organize and coordinate jobs so that services are rendered, and reports and samples are submitted, in a timely manner.
- To maintain work areas, records, and equipment in a clean, organized, and functional condition.
- To verify and communicate the results obtained, and to make the entries into the appropriate media, whether print or electronic, required to ensure the validity and traceability of the information.
- To assist in the training of less experienced employees.
- Carrying out all responsibilities in a supportive manner with total adherence to: The Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures, Quality Management System, Compliance and Ethics Policies, Vision, Mission and Strategy, and exercises good judgment, common sense, and diplomacy.
3. Supervision Exercised
- The Inspector normally has no personnel responsibility or authority.
4. Supervision Received
- The Inspector reports to the Branch Manager.
EXCEPTIONS, or ADDITIONAL DUTIES, REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS, and QUALIFICATIONS SPECIFIC to THIS BRANCH
- Travel to different area in Canada (Ontario, Quebec, Nunavut)
- Montreal office cover three divisions : Cargo, Agri and Mineral.