What is the opportunity?
The National Account Support Team specializes in assisting Royal Trust relationship managers by providing efficient, accurate, and quality client service. Key client service elements include preparing estate asset summaries and income tax preparation. The Income Tax Specialist will assist and support relationship mangers by providing income tax technical support and by preparing estate income tax returns. Quality assurance, attention to detail, and meeting key milestones are paramount. Teamwork, collaboration, and developing interpersonal relationships are important skills for success.What will you do?
- Participate in preparing and reviewing summaries of estate assets and liabilities
- Prepare and review estate income tax returns (T-1D, T-3)
- Act as income tax resource person for clients and internal partners
- Proactively maintain timely written, verbal, and electronic communication with internal and external contacts
- Identify, investigate, and resolve all inquiries as required, and collaborate with other team members
- Leverage the use of technology to maximize efficiencies and ensure that all files are appropriately documented
- Exercise due diligence in following procedures relative to Estate and Trust procedures and guidelinesWhat do you need to succeed?
- University degree or equivalent
- Accounting designation or equivalent
- Canadian Securities Course (CSC), or willingness to complete within 12 months
- 3 to 5 years of professional experience in Estate and Trust taxation
- Excellent written, verbal, and electronic communication skills in English and FrenchNice-to-have
- Estate administration experienceWhat's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing teamJoin our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .JOB SUMMARY City:
1 Place Ville Marie Work Hours/Week:
37.5 Work Environment:
Office Employment Type:
Permanent Career Level:
Experienced Hire/Professional Pay Type:
Salary + Variable Bonus Required Travel (%):
N/A People Manager:
No Application Deadline:
Wealth Management Req ID:
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance