Title: Income Analyst, Scotia Dealer Advantage - Anjou,Quebec
Requisition ID: 74275
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. DRIVE IS WHAT GIVES YOU THE CAREER ADVANTAGE
Are you looking for a dynamic workplace? A place where hard work and dedication are recognized on a daily basis? Do you want to work with a group of passionate and engaged individuals who make up the unique workforce at Scotia Dealer Advantage.
Our office is open from 7:00am to 7:00pm Monday through Friday and Saturday's from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. This position will require the Analyst to work Saturday's on a rotational basis and the occasional statutory holiday.
This position is for Scotia Dealer Advantage, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Bank of Nova Scotia. We provide dealers and customers alike with the advantages, strength and experience of Scotiabank, coupled with Scotia Dealer Advantage's industry leading Special Finance expertise and service.
Scotia Dealer Advantage is one of Canada's largest and fastest growing Special Finance companies providing automotive financing programs nationwide. We build partnerships with authorized independent and franchise automobile dealers to help them grow their businesses and serve their special finance customers. Job Purpose
Contributes to the overall success of the Income department of Scotia Dealer Advantage in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. Accountabilities
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Contributes to loan growth and profitability by: verifying income details and documentation from Dealers and determining customer affordability according to established guidelines; comparing and contrasting employment, income and loan application information with telephone conversations held between the Income Analyst and dealer, customer's employer(s) or customer; reporting and escalating any unusual occurrences or fraudulent activities in the verbal and written employment status and income verification process per established procedures; referring exception income situations to the Income Supervisor, Manager, or GRM ACE, as required for review and resolution.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
Educational/ Work Experience
- Previous experience in a customer service capacity utilizing the telephone as the primary means of communication is preferred.
- Previous experience with the analysis of income and income sources is preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems including Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet.
- Must be perfect bilingual (English & French)
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Anjou
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Developer, Law, Risk Management, Finance, Technology, Legal
Banking, Finance and Insurance