At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
KPMG's Immigration Law practice is looking for an Attorney, to join our Canadian Immigration Law group in Montreal. You will be part of a busy, fast-paced and ever-changing environment. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who enjoys a team work environment with client contact. The successful candidate will demonstrate initiative, strong attention to detail, and organizational skills, with a desire to work in and promote a client first focused culture.
KPMG Law LLP is a national law firm with offices in Vancouver, Toronto, Calgary and Montreal. KPMG Law LLP is affiliated with the professional services firm of KPMG LLP. Since our approach is to be an integrated multidisciplinary firm, our team of lawyers work closely with accountants on client engagements in other tax practice areas.
To learn more about KPMG Law LLP visit our website here . What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Independently and effectively manage a high volume of corporate immigration cases under strict deadlines
- Supervise a team of support staff, including Administrators and Coordinators
- Provide timely, comprehensive, and strategic legal counsel related to temporary and permanent residence immigration matters
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- Track cases in progress to monitor for timing issues and overall client satisfaction
- Conduct legal research and draft advisory opinions
- Notify clients of changes in immigration law and draft alerts for publication
- Stay current with changes in immigration law
- Participate in speaking engagements and other thought leadership opportunities
- Demonstrable business development and involvement in RFP processes
- Responsible for providing support and coaching to more junior team members
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
- Law degree from an accredited institution
- Called to the Barreau du Québec and in good standing
- At least 3-5 years of experience with high-volume business immigration
- Strong technical knowledge and legal writing skills
- Excellent French and English written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience using legal case management software
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here . Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page .