Who we are
As the Working and Learning Company, we at Staples Canada, are dynamic, inspiring partners to our customers and the communities in which we live. At Staples, we inspire people to work smarter, learn more and grow every day. We look for people who are curious, approachable and passionate, and who enjoy finding solutions.
If that's you, let's work, learn and grow together. We are building an inclusive and diverse team
Staples Canada is creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. We welcome, value and thrive on perspectives and contributions from backgrounds that vary by race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion or physical ability. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Some of what you will do
As the Human Resources Consultant, you partner with leaders and associates to bring alive our high-performance culture. In this fast-pace environment, we embrace change, no two days will be the same. You will be both a strategic partner as well as an implementer, while you tackle challenges, introduce new initiatives and participate in local and national projects. You will be the change champion for your associates and the subject matter expert on all things HR related. Specifically, you will:
Some of what you need
• Educate and advise managers and leaders on the best practices for employee engagement, talent development, management and retention.
• Advise and support managers and leaders on creating a high-performance culture and ensuring learning and development programs are executed.
• Lead recruitment for various positions to ensure locations are attracting and recruiting the best talent, in collaboration with the Talent Acquisition team.
• Promote a healthy, safe and engaged workplace.
• Build, grow and maintain strong relationships with business partners and others.
Some of what you will get
• 5 years of progressive experience in Human Resources required in the areas of recruiting, training and employee relations.
• Certificate/Degree in Human Resources Management required
• Working Knowledge of Employment Standards Act, Human Rights, and Health and Safety Legislation and other relevant employment Legislation
• Previous experience in warehouse/warehouse management is an asset
• Bilingualism in English/French
• Solutions finder
• Associate discount
• Health and Dental benefits
• Performance bonuses
• Learning & Development programs
• And more...
• Combination of office environment and remote work
• The role demands ability to travel when required - approximately 20% of time.