HSE consultantTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB's Electrification organization is responsible for the go-to-market strategy and generating profitable growth for the Electrification Business Area. Our 10,000 strong commercial team represents the portfolio of all Electrification Business Area Divisions in over 100 countries. Our unmatched domain expertise across key industry verticals and channels combined with our truly global footprint makes us able to deliver extraordinary business results, supporting our customers with solutions which address their current needs, whilst considering the future emerging trends such as Urbanization, Digitalization and Shift to Electricity and Sustainable Energy.Reporting to the head of HSE, you will be responsible for promoting occupational health and safety in order to create a healthy and safe work environment for all employees, suppliers, customers, and visitors. The incumbent will develop the internal teams in the implementation of the prevention elements necessary for the smooth running of the 14001 and 18001 management systems. He will also ensure that all the applicable laws and standards are understood and respected during the activities of the Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu plant. He will be responsible for providing HSE expertise and leadership to continuously improve the performance of the plant and the commitment of those who work there. You must be an agent of change in implementing a \"Zero Accidents by Choice\" culture.Your responsibilities
- Responsible for the establishment and promotion of the health and safety culture.
- Exercise a support and coaching role with employees and managers in matters of the management of occupational health and safety and the environment.
- Encourage a proactive attitude in matters of HSE.
- Promote and coordinate the prevention activities (corporate programs, risk assessment).
- Participate in the accident and incident investigations, draw up reports and ensure follow up, ensure the identification of the root causes during these investigations and ensure that the appropriate control measures are put in place.
- Develop, identify the relevant training activities or needs, define or deliver the various training programs.
- Be proactive in the deployment and implementation of the internal HSE programs.
- Participate in the implementation and monitor the health and safety, environment management system (ABB WAY).
- Prepare and participate in the internal and external audits (OHSAS 18001, 14001, government agencies, and insurance partners) and participate as an internal auditor.
- Take charge of the maintenance of the documentation relative to the management system, in collaboration with the program owners.
- Run and coordinate the HSE meetings and activities.
- Promote teamwork within the HSE team.
- Participate and collaborate in the development and implementation of the corporate policies and standards with the corporate team.
- Analyze risks in the work environment such as air quality, noise level, lighting, thermal stress, etc.
- Prepare and input statistical data in the appropriate databases.
- Personality that promotes the creation and maintenance of a team spirit.
- Be an agent of change through his capacity for informal influence.
- Have a proactive approach.
- Expert level with regard to HSE management systems.
- Extensive knowledge of corporate, ISO, and OHSAS audit activities as the \"auditee\".
- Experience in a unionized environment.
- Enjoy taking on challenges.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent knowledge of the applicable HSE laws, regulations, and standards.
- Focused on systems of behaviour at work.
- Manufacturing risks (machine safety, lockout, work at height, ergonomics, etc.).
More about us
- Retirement plan
- Accident insurance
- Wellbeing program
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our websitewww.abb.com.For the 4th year in a row, ABB Canada has been recognized as one of Canada's top employers by Forbes Magazine and has been ranked #1 within the industry category. Also named as Canada's Top 100 Employers, Montreal's Top Employers, Canada's Top Employers for Young People, and Best Candidate Experience Award (CandE Award), ABB's culture and commitment are to provide a caring workplace where everyone collaborates, feels valued, respected, included and supported. Also committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to the applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.#LI-Onsite
Banking, Finance and Insurance