Requisition ID: 49766
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Job Purpose:
The Home Financing Associate ('Associate') partners with a high performing Home Financing Advisor (HFA) ("Achiever or Platinum" level HFA) to maximize the development of residential mortgage business from third party referral sources such as real estate agents, lawyers, financial planners, other professional groups and centers of influence (COIs) with the goal of sourcing and on-boarding new customers to the Bank.
The Home Financing Associate is responsible for meeting negotiated goals such as advanced mortgage volume and secured lines of credit, cross-sell and other objectives as detailed in a customized balanced scorecard. They must be able to interact with a wide-variety of external partners and potential customers, and have a good balance of sales skills, business development, as well as strong customer-service orientation. Key Accountabilities:
- Deliver objectives as measured within a Balanced Scorecard (BSC) that includes (but is not limited to);
- Financial Objectives: as set out in team partnership including specific goals related to funded mortgage volume, cross-sell of insurance products, key partner development, productivity;
- Customer Experience: measured by survey results (Business to Customer and Business to Business);
- Operational Effectiveness: risk, compliance, operational process.
- Generate sales or revenue by partnering with a high performing HFA to promote the development and growth of profitable mortgage business and new Customers to the Bank through Home Financing Solutions by;
- Leveraging business development skills to independently originate and relationship manage a third party network of referral sources to build a pipeline of mortgage business. Often achieved through assigned targeted clients/ referrals/ territories or sales activities within larger HFA book of business.
- Contributing to the achievement of the HFA's sales targets by applying sales principles with referral sources and retail customers. Develop referral leads from satisfied clients, contacts and peers, action these leads to increase revenue in HFA book of business
- Meeting with select clients to conduct credit interviews, to obtain customer information required for inputting and submitting the mortgage applications through the automated application system called IMAPP;
- Managing and implementing aspects of the HFA's sales business plan, which includes targeting customers/ segment of book for Home Financing Associate management. This includes, but is not limited to, a weekly touch base with potential sources, regularly scheduled face to face meetings, marketing and contact programs, produce support material (through SIMON database) for varying referrals sources, set service standards for availability, hold seminars for sources, attend trade shows etc.;
- Assisting the HFA with planning and implementing a marketing program, which can include advertising, joint marketing with HFA and other sources, active customer database management, networking and business development, community service etc. This includes ensuring all Home Financing Associate sales activity, contact and lead management is inputted and maintained in salesforce.com
- Overseeing the co-ordination of local mortgage seminars (i.e. First Time Homebuyers) sometimes on behalf of the HFA, representing the Bank at industry related functions (Real Estate and Home Builders Association functions, conferences), etc.;
- Ensure a high level of client service and growing relationships with customers for the Bank by:
- Ensuring complete and accurate mortgage application and document packaging for approval submission;
- Implementing a high quality customer service model to ensure all deals close with the Bank, maximizing opportunity to obtain referrals from satisfied customers;
- Identifying and action opportunities to achieve sales and cross-sell goals through the identification and satisfaction of customer needs on behalf of the HFA. Implement a contact program for select approved and pre-approved customers;
- Contributing to the provision of straightforward and knowledgeable service through daily interactions, to foster a relationship of mutual trust and confidence with customers and business partners.
- Ensuring Advice-Based Cross-sell Document (ABCDocument) is completed accurately and on-time for customer hand-off to Financial Solutions Specialist (FSS)
- Facilitating prompt turnaround times and ensuring accuracy, courtesy and knowledgeable service when dealing with HFA, clients and/or external mortgage referral sources;
- Contribute to the promotion of and effective processing of mortgage business by working closely with Partners and adhering to the Partnership Agreement by:
- Working with branch partners to entrench Key Partners program, Realtor Referral Lead program, customer closing process and attending branch meetings, Today Show and huddles per a planned schedule set out with SMS/HFA;
- Ensuring high quality submissions to Home Financing Lending Manager/ Mortgage Operations and Sales Effectiveness (MOSE), including collecting supporting documentation up front where possible, follow-up on outstanding conditions, work with branch partner for cross sell of other Bank products, focus on Loss of Life Protection (LOLP), Health Crisis Protection (HCP) and Disability Insurance (DI);
- Assisting with the notification to clients of approvals and introduce them to the Branch to establish an ongoing banking relationship between the client and the servicing branch through completion of the ABCDocument;
- Minimize the Bank's exposure to risk by:
- Meeting with customers in person to ensure compliance with the Bank " Know Your Customer" requirements, obtain proper authorization to obtain credit reports, determine customer needs and offer financial strategies;
- Maintaining the confidentiality of Bank and client information;
- Being fully aware of and complying with the Bank's Privacy Code and Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Maintaining strict adherence to established operating and security procedures by: adhering to established Bank regulations and procedures within assigned authority and responsibility; Reporting any unusual occurrences or fraudulent activity to the supervisor immediately; Completing all required training (e.g.: Anti Money laundering; Guidelines for Business Conduct).
- Strong credit knowledge
- Strong residential mortgage product knowledge, including policy and process
- Maintaining current knowledge of mortgage lending policies and procedures and of the real estate market/property values/sales trends/competitor programs in the area necessary to respond appropriately to business requirements
- Although a regulated industry, no Mortgage accreditation or designations currently exists
- Industry specific University degree or College diploma and minimum of 2- 4 years of industry related experience.
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Laval || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
As Canada's International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Business Development, Mortgage, Database, Finance, Sales, Technology
Posted: February 14, 2019
Closes: April 15, 2019