Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
TD Insurance is part of TD Bank Group, one of Canada's largest financial institutions. TD Insurance helps protect clients from the 'accidents of life' with a wide range of products including credit protection, life, health, travel, home and auto insurance. With more than three million clients, TD Insurance authorized products and services are available online, over the phone, and through a network of more than 1,000 TD Canada Trust branches.
In Canada, we have two lines of business, General Insurance and Life and Health. Our General Insurance business is one of the top home and auto insurance groups in Canada and the national leader in group insurance and affinity marketing. Our Life and Health business is the number one provider of critical illness insurance and direct life and health insurance in Canada.
At TD Insurance, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment. With a Canada-wide workforce of over 4,000 employees and offices in Atlantic Canada, Quebec, Ontario and Alberta, our company is always growing and can help you to grow. TD Insurance offers a stable and dynamic work environment where talent is appreciated and professional development is taken seriously. More than just a job, we offer rewarding careers. Job Description
We are looking for someone to embrace a broad range of tasks associated with developing application and systems solutions to address business challenges. Sitting in this position will help expand your knowledge, strengthen your expertise and introduce you to the inner workings of our business alongside a team of seasoned, diversely-skilled technology professionals.
Meaningful work and fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here's some of what you may be asked to perform
• Build defect-free components and perform unit and integration testing in accordance with design specs
• Analyze business requirements, conduct technical impact analysis to identify key components for solutions delivery
• Contribute in scope assessment, estimations and status updates
• Inform key stakeholders of any issues that may impact the delivery and resolve or escalate issues as required
• Provide support during system integration/business/performance testing cycles and post-production deployment
• Make sure applications are free of common coding vulnerabilities and follow standard code quality and SLA targets
• Respect technology delivery practices and standards
• Establish effective relationships across multiple business and technology partnersRequirements
• Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certificate.
• 3-5 years relevant experience including Guidewire developer role
• Hands On development with Policy Center/Billing center minimum Version 8
• Able to Integrate applications using XML and GOSU
• Certified in Guidewire Policy/Billing Center V8 preferably V10
• Experience with continuous integration and code quality tools (GIT, Bitbucket, Maven and Jenkins)
• Ability to perform technical design with UML and documentation
• Agile experience using Jira, Confluence
• Need to adapt to dynamic environment with tight deadlines.
• Commitment to the quality of your deliveries
• Sound experience with Integration patterns development
• Hands On experience in Relational Database and Data Modeling
• Experience in SQL/PLSQL programming and queries optimization
• Experience in Java/J2ee (EJB, Servlets, JSP, JDBC, Web Services, JMS, JPA).
• REST API (RAML, Json), SOAP Services (WSDL, XML, XSD)
• Experience in configuration/integration and Guidewire Implementations in Policy Center/Billing Center
• Strong oral and written communication skills Hours
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.