Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
TD Insurance is part of TD Bank Group, one of Canada's largest financial institutions. TD Insurance helps protect clients from the 'accidents of life' with a wide range of products including credit protection, life, health, travel, home and auto insurance. With more than three million clients, TD Insurance authorized products and services are available online, over the phone, and through a network of more than 1,000 TD Canada Trust branches.
In Canada, we have two lines of business, General Insurance and Life and Health. Our General Insurance business is one of the top home and auto insurance groups in Canada and the national leader in group insurance and affinity marketing. Our Life and Health business is the number one provider of critical illness insurance and direct life and health insurance in Canada.
The Centralized Project Management Team (CPMT) is the TD Insurance Project management Office (PMO) that provides the TDI Business units with the Project Management suite of resources needed to successfully deliver projects for the communities we serve while ensuring projects are compliant to all internal and external regulations and standards. Job Description
Reporting to the Centralized Project Management Team (CPMT) Practice, Governance & Methodology Manager, The Project Methodology & Governance Analyst also act as an ambassador for the Enterprise Project Delivery Excellence (EPDE) to ensure alignment with TD an TDI project methodologies, policies and standards by enabling, actively participating in and collaborating on various integration initiatives with the EPDE. This position has a high level of interaction with Project practitioners, Portfolio reporting, Business unit leaders, Technology, Finance and other delivery and control partners. This will require a determined individual who can 'think outside the box' in terms of developing, communicating, sharing, implementing, and improving project methodology and governance processes, controls and tools. Finally, the Project Methodology & Governance Analyst offers coaching, guidance and support within the TD Insurance project management community as well as its business and technology partners and leaders. Key responsibilities
- Ensures ongoing development, definition, implementation, and maintenance of project and reporting methodology, tools, templates and processes
- Has a comprehensive vision of the various project management, program and portfolio methodologies (PMI-based) within a business and corporate environment
- Is responsible for the development of all project, program and portfolio TDI specific standards and processes complete with document refresh and maintenance commitments
- Develops and/or adapts policies, procedures and tools required in executing activities mandated by the EPDE & TDI CPMT.
- Ensures consistency, timing and efficiency of practices developed and implemented by the EPDE or the Portfolio Delivery Group (PDG).
- Acts as the CPMT's key contact for all issues related to TD Insurance Project Management Life Cycle practices, governance, methodologies and other tools
- In accordance with the industry's best practices, defines the norms, standards and methodologies used to improve and optimize project management practice
- Acts as a content manager and is responsible for disseminating improvements and changes to methodology and governance components to CPMT, Business, and Technology partners
- Performs analysis, reviews and makes recommendations to optimize CPMT practices, while ensuring collaboration with partner communities
- Advises and provides guidance to Project Managers on the application of methodologies, norms and standards as well as the proper use of tools and templates
- Ensures knowledge transfer by developing, customizing and holding information or training sessions for CPMT, Business, and Technology partners with respect to project management, program management and portfolio management best practices, aligned with EPDE and Finance operating standards.
- Monitors and develop best practices as part of the continuous improvement of project management, program management and portfolio management processes
- Makes recommendations on defining performance indicators and identifying measurement units and mechanisms with respect to CPMT mandated practices
- Understand integration points with various methodologies (e.g., PDLC- Waterfall, Agile, Six Sigma), ensuring alignment to the governance standards.
- Coach and educate Project delivery practitioners & stakeholders in project methodology & governance
- Is able to influence others in a cross-functional matrix environment
- Bachelors and/or master's in information system management, Business Administration or other relevant field
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years of work experience in project management as a project manager or project management methodology and practice specialist
- Experience in design, training, development, adaptation and implementation related to new methodologies, processes and/or tools
- In-depth knowledge of project management cycles
- Experience in projects involving multi-disciplinary teams
- Very good analytical and conceptual skills
- Ability to synthesize and attention to detail
- Proven experience as a trainer and coach
- Initiative, creative and innovative thinking
- Experience in change management
- Demonstrated leadership
- Superior multi-tasking and time and priority management skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced, often ambiguous environment
- Ability to produce professional presentation material, and skilled in the delivery of presentations to executive audiences
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to proactively identify risks / issues and recommend solutions
- Ability to digest complex information and summarize in a clear, concise fashion
- Ability to influence others in a matrix environment along with the ability to challenge and to influence change
- Comfortable working with executives, and adapting communication and message to all hierarchical levels
- Very good organizational sense and effective time and priority management
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Tact, high level of autonomy and team spirit
- Excellent communicator and negotiator, able to express oneself clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
- Integrity and ethics
- Technical skills
- Thorough experience in documentation, analysis and business requirements management techniques (e.g., brainstorming, workshops, interview techniques, etc.)
- Large experience in drafting reports, presentations, procedures and guides
- Strong MS office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project)
- PMI Certification (PMP, CAPM, PgMP, etc.) is preferred
- Fluent in English and French, with excellent writing skills in English
- Experience in developing performance measurement programs (defining performance indicators, identifying measurement units and mechanisms, developing dashboards)
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Banking, Finance and Insurance