Line of Service
Global Mobility ServicesManagement Level
ManagerJob Description & Summary
A career in our Global Mobility Services practice, within People and Organisation Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients reset their talent strategies and deliver extraordinary business results through their people. We focus on evaluating and managing their unique challenges so our clients can maximise their return on the overall investment in human capital. You'll gain a tremendous depth of expertise in all aspects of human capital, including creating sustainable value through people culture and change, designing compensation and retirement strategies, and improving human capital operations.
Our team helps companies streamline and effectively manage their international assignment programme in a cost efficient manner. You'll assist our team with international assignee management, Human Resources, payroll, finance and accounting in addition to mobility policy, process and governance consulting.
To really stand out and make us ﬁt for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of your comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
- Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties
- Focus on building trusted relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct. Responsibilities: You will develop your knowledge in Canadian and U.S. personal income tax, social security and international tax treaties and contribute to in-house team training sessions to facilitate ongoing learning at all levels of the teamOur extraordinary client diversity will allow you to manage a variety of client assignments, gaining experience in complex Canadian and U.S. personal income tax issues, and identifying and implementing GMS projectsYou will have the opportunity to work in expatriate policy design and implementation and in expatriate compensation design and implementationYou will be relied upon to work closely with staff and clients, ensuring prudent and professional guidance on expatriate tax issues is provided to clients on a timely basisYou will utilize your knowledge and skills to cultivate new relationships in the business community, network and be involved in presentations and proposalsOther responsibilities include but are not limited to working on business development initiatives as needed, assisting with content updates and revisions to the survey and helping facilitate workshop sessions held at client sitesRequirements: An interest in upskilling for a digital world and technology trends, an openness to learning new tools and adapting how you work CPA or other U.S. accounting designationMinimum 5 years of experience in personal income tax; knowledge in Canadian and U.S. personal tax represents and advantageProven ability to manage multiple assignments, clients and staff. Strong analytical, organization, and communication skills, the ability to work effectively under pressure, and a proactive attitudeDemonstrated business development skills and enthusiasm about contributing to the growth of the GMS practiceWhy you'll love working for PwC
We want you to love every (if not, almost every) minute of your career, having said this, we get it. Each life stage we go through comes with a new set of priorities and demands. This is why we support you through a range of financial and non-financial rewards and benefits, so regardless of your situation, there's something for everyone.
Leading benefits for our permanent staff include: A competitive compensation package Sponsored investments, pensions and saving plans with matching firm contributions Flexible working PwC FlexBenefits, for personalised medical & dental coverage, including enhanced mental health benefit Every day recognition and real time appreciation through our rewards and recognition program Dress for your day with our flexible dress environment Health, wellness and fitness perks Family-friendly benefits, including maternity and parental leave policies and support networks to help you prepare for your successful return to work Adoption/surrogacy benefits Back-up child and elder care support Career defining project work and international experience Development opportunities including learning on the job, formal learning, learning from others and access to "Vantage" our digital learning system Award winning programs including "Women in Leadership" and "Enhanced Pursuit Program" A coach to help develop skills, diversify experiences and achieve career aspirations Education
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements
Up to 40%Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
NoGovernment Clearance Required?
NoJob Posting End Date
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.