Who we are
Staples Canada is The Working and Learning Company. We are dynamic, inspiring partners to our customers and the communities in which we live. We look for people who are curious, approachable and passionate, and who enjoy finding solutions.
If that's you, let's work, learn and grow together. Some of what you do
As the General Manager, you're responsible for enabling our work, learn, and grow culture; for our customers and associates. You model and nurture a sales culture built on connecting, sharing, and partnering to help our customers achieve their working and learning goals. You inspire our customers and associates; delivering financial results and achieving operational excellence. You foster an environment in which associates develop skills and knowledge, and where they feel engaged and empowered.
Some of what you need
• Provide leadership and shape the sales culture at the store.
• Own and nurture the customer experience.
• Lead the referral-based business development to grow sales and customer loyalty.
• Provide team leadership through hiring, onboarding, learning & development, and coaching.
• Manage costs and meet all operational and financial metrics.
• Ensure the store location is maintained to standard.
• Oversee loss prevention procedures and drive compliance.
• +5 years of Retail Management experience
• Proven track record of achieving customer service excellence and sales results
• Affinity with technology
• Be a dynamic, inspiring partner to our customers and for our associates
• Solutions Finder
• Conditions of the work environment are such that minor stress or physical discomfort may occur.
• Exposure to moderately disagreeable levels of noise generated by the copy equipment and the ringing of the telephone and internal paging system.
• Required to work a varying work schedule in order to meet the needs of the business. This would include working evenings and weekends.
Staples is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities. We will accommodate applicants' needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please inform us of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.