Accountable for driving sales and profitability by achieving financial and non-financial business results. Responsible to develop and promote the store strategy and vision, in connection with company objectives. Partners with management to develop and implement a sales plan and promote an inspired selling culture. Responsible for instilling company values in others through modeling, coaching and providing high quality instruction. Grows the business by fostering a culture of ongoing learning, leveraging and developing talent and effective networking. Accountable for succession planning and performance management processes in the store.
• Leads, manages and ensures the maximization of sales growth in the store. • Takes opportunities to identify and grow new business opportunities and prospects. • Fosters an environment of risk taking and innovation to drive sales. • Ownership of the business planning process, including engagement in managers' plans and holding managers and supervisors accountable for business results. • Sets strategies, sales goals and targets for the store and creates a communication plan to ensure team understands connection between store financial success and bonus programs. • Grows sales and customer loyalty through in store and external networking activities. • Responsible for the score card results in the store. • Ensures that managers and supervisors are leveraging and developing the sales capabilities of associates by setting the foundation for the use and implementation of selling techniques and company programs. • Leads, promotes and coaches selling and cultivates an inspired selling culture with associates. • Models, promotes and holds others accountable for customer service excellence.
• Grows sales and customer loyalty through in store and external networking activities. • Ownership for identifying and growing new business opportunities and prospects. • Targets businesses and organizations that will provide the most value and grow business within your trading area, leveraging your best customers.
• Responsible for the direct supervision and development of the management and store team. • Partners with management to formulate and execute an internal associate succession plan to support business growth. • Ensures the hiring and onboarding processes are executed in the store and is involved in interviewing where necessary. • Ensures a process is established and implemented for ongoing training and coaching in the store. • Ownership of the Performance Development Review (PDR) process in the store including timely delivery, action plans are in place and follows up on development of associates. • Accountable for the performance management of direct and indirect reports including documentation and partners with managers and supervisors towards resolution. • Takes ownership for scheduling for management and departments (where applicable). • Makes decisions related to allocation of hours for scheduling to leverage sales opportunities. • Partners with managers and supervisors to analyze and control labour and expense costs in the store. • Has a complete understanding of all company policies and procedures related to this position, as outlined in the training checklist. • Accountable to understand and communicate general company policies and provide guidance to staff as needed. • Ensures that all forms of available communication are being used appropriately to relay information and ensure associates understanding (store and department meetings, white boards, bulletin boards, portal, email etc). • Identifies, communicates suggestions and makes decisions for improvements in all areas of business. • Delegates responsibilities and holds others accountable to ensure the general cleanliness of workstations, lunchrooms and washrooms according to company standards is maintained. • Promotes and maintains a safe working environment, follows all company protocols for safety and is required to take ownership for rectifying deficiencies.
• Maximizes store sales opportunities by implementing and reinforcing the inspired selling programs. • Manages and ensures execution of process excellence standards and initiatives. • Ensures the management of the day to day operations of the store. • Overall accountability for general administration of the store and provides ongoing support to direct reports. • Ownership of payroll administration and maintains employee files. • Oversees the operational execution in the store and maximizes productivity.
LOSS PREVENTION / PRIVACY
• Accountable for the loss prevention processes in the store including participation in prevention strategies and investigations. • Manages all privacy processes in the store and ensures full compliance and responds to audit findings. • Proactively models and ensures team's understanding of and adherence to all privacy policies and procedures. • Models and ensures team properly secures company assets and physical inventory and follows all loss prevention and key control procedures in order to reduce shrink. • Follows proper store opening and closing procedures, including alarm checks and security walks. • As per policy, required to have personal parcels (bags, totes, backpacks, purses, etc.) checked by a manager prior to leaving the store premises. As a keyholder, this position is required to verify bag checks.
• Demonstrates senior leadership and management ability. • Demonstrates business acumen at a senior level. • Ability to lead a sales focused environment. • Ability to make complex decisions with integrity that supports company guidelines and makes good business sense. • Ability to resolve customer concerns in a diplomatic manner. • Ability to build effective relationships with customers in a friendly and professional manner. • Capacity to communicate with all stakeholders effectively using a variety of mediums. • Ability to plan, organize and prioritize efficiently to effectively handle their daily responsibilities and serve our customers. • Ability to coach for results. • Ability to work effectively with ongoing distractions is necessary. • Capacity to encourage an environment of self development for themselves and others. • Can actively engage and inspire the team. • Capacity to work independently and escalate issues as required to senior management
• 5 Years of Retail management experience is preferred with direct accountability for achieving sales and service targets. • Successful completion of high school is preferred.
• Conditions of the work environment are such that minor stress or physical discomfort may occur. • Exposure to moderately disagreeable levels of noise generated by the copy equipment and the ringing of the telephone and internal paging system. • Required to work a varying work schedule in order to meet the needs of the business. This would include working evenings and weekends.
**Please note that candidates who wish to apply for the position will be requested to consent to having a criminal background check conducted on them.
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.