The Furniture Consultant monitors and delivers on daily financial / non financial goals. Primarily a sales position, they will spend the majority of their time with customers, maximizing sales and earnings in assigned departments (Divisions 1,2,3,5 and 7). The Furniture Consultant will work actively with management to develop and reinforce the selling culture, leverage customer relationships to drive sales, and maintain high merchandising standards. Responsible to ensure customer satisfaction both in store and post delivery. Provides guidance, training and coaching to associates as required on company initiatives, sales programs and product knowledge. Time assigned to the Furniture Department will depend on business needs.
Stores must achieve a furniture sales threshold of $500,000 in Division #1 sales per year to be eligible for this position. Basic:
• Maximizes sales opportunities with every customer by using current selling techniques and company programs. • Provides coverage and assistance in all areas of the store where business needs require and as associate training supports. • Leads selling in the department and cultivates a selling culture with associates working in the department in order to achieve current goals and targets. • Provide management with relevant sales information, stock levels and communicates any product problems. • Provides assistance to associates in the department through training and coaching with regular follow up. • Partners with management to identify and achieve short and long term goals for the furniture department. • Performs follow up calls to solicit feedback on sales, promote additional products and services where applicable. • Leverages sales opportunities through external marketing and soliciting new business relationships outside the store environment, as required. • Ensures proper follow-up on all special orders and transfers placed in the department. • Effectively resolves customer concerns and escalates to management when appropriate. • Actions procedures to maintain presentation standards, including signage, plan-o-grams, displays and replenishment. • Conducts cycle counts as well as evaluates in-stock position. • Follows up on non-selling areas to ensure proper storage of furniture and maintenance of products to be repaired. • Ensures proper use of Staples delivery processes, prepaid or in-store. • Properly secures all assets and physical inventory and follows all loss prevention and key control procedures and coaches others to do so as well. • Has a complete understanding of all company policies and procedures related to this position, as outlined in the training checklist. • Accountable to understand general company policies and provide guidance to staff as needed. • Ensures associates check and understand all sources of communication for information (white boards, bulletin boards, portal, etc). • Identifies and communicates suggestions for improvements in all areas of business. • Ensures the general cleanliness of workstations, lunchroom and washrooms according to company standards is maintained. • Responsible for the safe and proper use of all store equipment and are required to inform management of any maintenance issues regarding the equipment. • Promotes and maintains a safe working environment and follows all company protocols for safety and is required to report any unsafe working conditions to a manager. • As per policy, required to have personal parcels (bags, totes, backpacks, purses, etc.) checked by a manager prior to leaving the store premises. KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Demonstrates strong selling ability. • Demonstrates leadership ability. • Capacity to communicate with clients effectively using a variety of mediums. • Ability to resolve clients concerns in a diplomatic manner. • Ability to make decisions with integrity that supports company guidelines and makes good business sense. • Ability to plan, organize and prioritize efficiently to handle their daily responsibilities and serve our customers. • Ability to work effectively with ongoing distractions is necessary. • Can engage appropriately and work as part of a team. • Capacity to work independently and seek out assistance as required. • Forklift training may be required. PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS
• Conditions of the work environment are such that minor stress may occur. • A moderate amount of physical effort is required while placing merchandise, however, you are capable of choosing when to stop and relax. • Movement of freight by use of ladders and stock pickers is required. • Required to work a varying work schedule in order to meet the needs of the business. This would include working evenings and weekends as directed by management. Preferred: Experience:
• 3-4 Years of Retail customer service is preferred. • 1-2 years in a leadership or supervisory role with direct accountability for achieving sales and service targets is preferred. Education:
• Successful completion of high school is preferred.
Staples is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities. We will accommodate applicants' needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please inform us of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Customer Service and Support Retail