Requisition ID: 162945
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. PURPOSE
The Funding Representative is responsible for completing verification and validation of information contained in approved loan applications prior to releasing funds to pay automotive dealerships.
The Funding Representative contributes to the overall success of the Funding department of Scotia Dealer Advantage in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed/delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted to comply with governing regulations, internal policies, and procedures.ACCOUNTABILITIES
Perform all verification activities related to approved Indirect Loans received for funding by:
- verifying the validity and accuracy of Conditional Sale Agreement or Loan Agreement in all respects
- resolves all identified discrepancies by communicating with Credit Analysts and/or dealers to make corrections to identified discrepancies;
- referring exception funding situations to the Senior Funding Representative, or Manager, as required for review and resolution.
Champions a customer-focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge.
Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to, and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations for operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk, and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
Champions a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops, and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicatingvision/values/business strategy, and managing succession and development planning for the team.EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
To be successful in this position the incumbent will need to bring/develop the following:
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask while utilizing numerous operating systems
- Detail orientated ensuring seamless accuracy of all documentation being reviewed.
- Demonstrates interpersonal and communication skills to successfully engage with customers invitingly and professionally to build sustainable relationships.
- Previous customer facing experience, phone or other, is preferred
- Completion of post-secondary education (college or university) is preferred.
- Previous administrative and document management experience an asset.
- Work in a standard office-based environment.This is an in-office role at our Anjou office.
- Our operational hours are Monday-Friday 7am-6h30pm EST and Saturday 10am-6pm EST.
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Anjou
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Compliance, Risk Management, Technical Support, Credit Analyst, Document Management, Finance, Legal, Technology
Banking, Finance and Insurance Management and Executive