Permanent Primary Location:
Montreal, Quebec, Canada All Available Locations:
Montreal; Gatineau; Quebec City; Sherbrooke
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Have many careers in one Firm.
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
Are you creative and do you like to develop solutions to deliver on your ideas? If so, look at this exciting opportunity at Deloitte! What will your typical day look like?
You will work within a dynamic tech-focused environment that provides you opportunities to grow and learn. You will work with your team and clients to develop technology solutions and deliver according to the software development lifecycle and Deloitte methods. This will include:
About the team
- Building out digital experiences primarily for Web, using industry standard technologies and tools, and in conjunction with peers across disciplines such as creative, UI / UX, back-end service development and agile delivery.
- Creating, running and reporting on application test scripts during project test cycles.
- Contributing to agile ceremonies including grooming, planning, scrums, and retrospectives.
- Evaluating client trouble tickets and providing assistance during project support phase.
- Building out insights and knowledge of the industries that we work in.
- Being a champion for inclusion and diversity, understanding that having a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds means that we deliver better work
Our Montreal based CDC is composed of over 350 experienced technology practitioners and work on over 75 projects at any given time on a number of different technologies. Our centre helps clients develop and provide new technological solutions, replace, upgrade or maintain their information systems. By leveraging user-centric thinking, design capabilities, new technologies and cloud solutions, we empower our clients and allow them to rethink how they connect with their customers across every platform, every device and every step of the customer journey. Enough about us, let's talk about you
As a Front-End Solution Designer, you have:
- A bachelor or higher degree.
- Roughly four years of post-graduate experience, preferably including client-facing consulting role(s).
- Experience producing web / mobile / enterprise solutions in a professional development environment.
- Experience working with others to solve problems, sharing knowledge and can help grow and mentor junior developers.
- A passion for technology with an interest in front-end technologies.
- Ideally worked on projects in which you integrated this front-end savviness with front-office systems (e.g. Salesforce, Adobe Experience, SAP Hybris).
- Experience in agile development environments, including ceremonies such as backlog refinement and sprint planning.
- The ability to work independently as well as in a highly collaborative team-setting.
- The ability to contribute positively to team culture, with a focus on inclusion and diversity.
- The skills to developing analytical and insightful recommendations to meet deliverable targets and complete project tasks within budget and to customer satisfaction.
Other skills you will need:
- You have experience translating designs and wireframes into high quality, responsive websites with performance and accessibility in mind.
- You love optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers (browser testing and accessibility testing).
- You have worked with Webpack, Parcel, Gulp, Browserify and the Command Line Interface (CLI) is your best friend.
- You know and understand git and have lots of experience with Bitbucket, Github and how they integrate with tools such as Jira. Knowledge of comparable source control tools (e.g. SVN) are also valuable.
- You can build reusable and maintainable components (Angular, React) and front-end UI libraries for rapid development.
- You are familiar with RESTful APIs and have knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token.
- You have used a TDD approach for unit tests and know what the best tools are for the task.
- You have an interest in technology beyond the web, such as back-end development (e.g. Rails, Python, Java, NodeJS), design (e.g. UX expertise, Photoshop, Sketch), cloud technologies (Amazon AWS, Firebase, Azure), microservices, iOS development, etc.
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan . We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.