Reference ID: MON001S3
From small businesses to some of the world's best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data - and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You'll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of industries and responsibilities. You won't find an assurance culture like this anywhere else, so whether you're looking for a long-term, or are interested in progressing on to other areas, this is a great place to be.
As a French-language proofreaders/editor, you'll be part of the National translation/Communications Practice. Together with our substantial investments in technology, knowledge, and learning resources for our audit professionals, you will be part of the team that delivers quality assurance services to our clients and their stakeholders.
Your key responsibilities
As a French-language proofreaders/editor, you'll be part of a dynamic team of more than 50 people, you will be responsible for linguistic quality assurance on a range of French-language documents translated by colleagues as well as documents from other service lines.
Skills and attributes for success
• Proofreading financial documents (funds, financial statements, management's discussion and analysis) and other types of documents (proposals, PowerPoint presentations, brochures), and correcting spelling, usage, grammar and syntax errors as per French-language conventions
• Verifying formatting, checking numbers and ensuring all changes were correctly entered
• Identifying inconsistencies and irregularities
• Making stylistic improvements to French-language texts from other service lines
• Building effective communications with clients, and Practice and other service-line colleagues
To qualify for the role you must have
• University degree in Linguistics, Literature or a similar field
• Minimum 3 years of proofreading and editing experience
• Background in finance
• Excellent proficiency in French
• Good understanding of English
• Meticulous and detail-oriented
• Ability to perform under pressure within tight deadlines in a demanding environment
• Ready and willing to work outside normal business hours, as needed
• Team player and strong interpersonal skills
• Selected candidates must pass a test.
Ideally, you'll also have
• The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment
What we look for
We're interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Posted: February 13, 2019
Closes: April 14, 2019