PURPOSE OF JOB
To pick and pack customer orders in an efficient and accurate manner in the warehouse
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Policies and Practices:
• Comply with all company policies and procedures.
• Maintains general cleanliness of all common areas, and other areas as assigned according to company standards.
• Maintain a high degree of personal standards and conduct.
• Accurate picking of bulk products and proper placement of shipping label so that it may be read by a scanner and/or other warehouse personnel.
• Sorting of bulk pick labels between the various bulk areas as required.
• Responsible for building pallets of non-conveyable items picked
• Use of RF scanner when functioning as the case pack selector in the overstock area
• Responsible for RF scanning and terminal use
• Perform on the job in the most cost-effective manner
• Properly secures company assets and physical inventory.
• Ensure that operational supplies used in the warehouse are not wasted and are used in an efficient manner so as not to adversely impact the operational supplies budget.
• Required to acquire certification to operate material handling equipment. Training will be provided by the company.
• Responsible for the safe use of all material handling equipment.
• Required to wear a full body harness with a retractable lanyard when using material handling equipment other than pallet or lift trucks.
• Responsible for informing management of any maintenance issues regarding the equipment, common areas, and the general warehouse area.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Interpersonal Skills (Internal/External Contacts):
• Required to communicate with Outbound and Inbound Associates, Call Centre Associates, and members of the front office team. Communication requires a normal level of courtesy.
• Requires basic reading and arithmetic skills and command of the English language.
• Required to plan some aspects of your own work according to priorities set by management. May at times be instructed to prioritize your own workload to complete all assigned tasks.
• Two Wheel Hand Cart/Four Wheel Picking Cart w/Ladder
• Manual Pallet Truck
• Electric Pallet Truck
• Lift Truck (Fork and Reach)
• Order Picker (Free Flow)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS
• Physical effort is required through lifting, bending, pulling twisting, etc. The ability to lift up to 50 pounds without difficulty on a consistent basis is needed.
• Conditions exist where you may need to work overtime due to continual shipment of orders.
Work environment :
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work in a warehouse environment, which includes working throughout seasonal temperature variations.
• While performing duties of the job, the employee may operate warehouse equipment.
• Use of proper safety procedures will eliminate any potential hazards; noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Transportation and Warehousing