1501 McGill College Avenue
Job Family Group:
Wealth Sales & Service
One Year Maternity Contract , posted either in Montreal or Toronto
We're here to help
- 1 year contract
- Provides advisory, planning and subject matter expertise in support of wealth planning. Provides advanced financial planning and technical support for internal users of BMO's financial planning platform (WealthPath). Delivers financial planning support, plan creation, in-field delivery of plans, and subject matter expertise delivered through thought leadership and sales tools. Supports wealth professionals and acts as a centre of expertise in using WealthPath to build client relationships through financial planning. Responds to inbound calls from Financial Planners across business/groups, supports the development of financial plans for clients and advisors, and audits the quality of financial plans.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business.
- Works closely with wealth and high network consultants to coordinate workflow, identify efficiencies and issues, and to refer clients.
- Leads the Support Bureau for Investment Advisors to include, but is not limited to, full development of financial advisors, identification and summary of financial/revenue opportunities, conducting debriefs to in preparation for client presentations.
- Participates in the design, implementation and management of core business/group processes.
- Identifies business needs, designs/develops tools and training programs; may include delivery of training to audiences.
- Supports users on the effective use of WealthPath, provides guidance and responds to inquiries.
- Conducts user acceptance testing for WealthPath, and identifies issues/limitations and requirements for future releases.
- Assists in the delivery of financial planning training sessions for WealthPath users.
- Provides financial planning expertise and assists in the preparation of financial plans for clients.
- Maintains awareness of legislative and industry changes that may affect financial planning.
- Promotes the use of financial planning strategies to empower sales forces to gather assets, retain assets and generate by-product sales and client referrals.
- Develops financial planning tools and maintains document library for use with clients.
- Performs quality control and audit of financial plans.
- Executes work to deliver timely, accurate, and efficient service.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CFP designation (IQPF in Quebec) or equivalent.
- Canadian Securities Course (CSC) designation.
- Strong working knowledge of financial planning software (WealthPath an asset).
- Strong understanding of financial planning concepts.
- Bilingual (French/English) is an asset.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
- Bilingual (French and English)
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Sales and Marketing