Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
TD Wealth takes a sophisticated and holistic goals discovery approach to wealth planning and protection to provide highly personalized advice, solutions and service to clients.Financial Planning
team understands that helping clients set and achieve their financial goals while delivering a legendary customer experience is what drives our business success, new business and client loyalty. We do this by knowing our clients, offering the most professional and personalized solutions and building award-winning, high-performing teams.
We have a long and growing history in wealth management leadership and are poised for even greater future success. Feel welcome, challenged and rewarded. Trust us, you'll be busy, but never bored.Job Description
Are you an experienced financial professional who can quickly form confident and trusting connections with a range of clients by phone? Are you at ease dealing with both day-to-day inquiries as well as urgent or complex requests from more knowledgeable investors? If so, then apply for the position of Financial Planner - Phone
to provide a high level of financial planning and advice to investors and assist these clients in meeting their retirement and investment financial goals and objectives.
In this role, you will:
- Provide business development, customer relationship management sales advisory support
- Establish and implement a sales and services plan, focusing on onboarding new clients, introducing services and products aligned to client goals, growing business and profitability and retaining satisfied customers
- Assist clients to identify their personal financial goals and potential barriers and recommend solutions
- Contribute to team and department goals while strengthening customer service and dedication by identifying referral opportunities at growing levels of complexity
- Provide ongoing relationship management to existing clients (TD Wealth Financial Planning / TD Private Investment) to maintain, update and implement investment strategies and long-term financial goals
- Conduct internal and external research projects; support the development and delivery of presentations
- Execute simplified sales or account management process, focusing on "features" selling and customer data gathering, assess efficiency and implement continuous improvements
- Participate fully as a member of the team, support a positive and service-oriented work environment
- University Degree and/or minimum 2 years of industry experience
- IIROC license preferred
- Canadian Securities Course (CSC) required before start date
- Successful completion of the Conduct & Practices Handbook (CPH) within first 90 days in the role.
- Financial Planning diploma from the Institut Québécois de Planification Financière (IQPF), or if not currently licensed, must obtain it within 18 months.
- Complete Wealth Management Essentials (WME) within first 30 months of the role
- Expanded knowledge of products, services and key competitors
- Professional team player with strong telephone relationship management skills.
- Demonstrated ability and understanding of the benefits of asset accumulation.
- Must be fully bilingual French-English spoken and written
- Excellent communicator with ability to work collaboratively and independently, provide assistance and build relationships
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to respond to client inquiries and requests in a professional and timely manner.
- Ability to ensure a seamless client transition from existing advice relationship.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Banking, Finance and Insurance